The Conococheague Institute focuses on education, interpretation, research and the preservation of Pennsylvania history and genealogy of the French and Indian War era. The site includes a house/museum (1752); a library and other 18th century structures. The organization is staffed by a Director, Librarian, Programs Director, Secretary and volunteers. The Director reports to the Board of Directors.
Duties: – Approximately one half administrative and one half outreach and fundraising
- B.A. degree or equivalent with management experience
- Ability with fund raising and grants
- Interest in overseeing the mission and programs of the Conococheague Institute
- Ability to supervise, train and work with staff and volunteers
- Serves as the institute’s chief administrator working under the supervision of the President and the Board
- Attends Board meetings and assists committees
- Is involved in future planning and educational curricula
- Oversees maintenance of the site and structures
- Maintains liaison with regional and historic and educational organizations
- Responsible for budget, balance sheet, and serves on budget committee
- Spearhead grant applications under auspices of the Board
- Solicit individuals and businesses
- Cultivate gifts and bequests
The Executive Director or Museum Manager ensures the proper operation of the Institute and provides the vision and leadership with which to meet its long-term objectives.
Mail resumes and references to the Conococheague Institute, Attn: Search Committee, 12995 Bain Road, Mercersburg, PA 17236. Please send prior to May 15, 2011.
Keywords: Conococheague Institute, jobs, employment, Executive Director
Posted: April 27, 2011
Unless noted, the thoughts and opinions expressed in the article are solely that of the
author and not necessarily the opinion of the editors of PreservationDirectory.com.