Development Director, Society of Architectural Historians (Chicago, IL)
Contributed By: Society of Architectural Historians
Email The Author: email@example.com
Create and implement annual development plan and strategy
• Establish short- and long-range strategies for raising restricted and unrestricted funding
• Write grant proposals and reports to government agencies and foundations for SAH’s programs, publications, and other mission-critical activities
• Cultivate and secure sponsors for SAH’s annual conference, annual gala, and select publications
• Cultivate and secure multi-year pledges from firms, companies, and corporations
• Cultivate and secure individual donors through major donor campaigns, multi-year pledges, and legacy giving
• Produce major donor solicitations/support materials with the intent to upgrade gifts when possible
• Manage annual fund and other direct mail solicitations
• Collaborate with SAH Executive Director and SAH staff to coordinate and enhance fundraising opportunities
Mandatory Job Qualifications:
Education and Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree and equivalent prior experience.
• Knowledge of and/or experience with architecture and the built environment is a plus.
• 5-10 years of non-profit development experience; emphasis on individual giving and corporate sponsorships is a plus
• Proven track record of achieving revenue targets and/or a quota of at least $1M annually
• Proven management and leadership capabilities
• High energy, positive, “can-do” attitude, flexibility, teamwork, and attention to detail; high degree of initiative.
• Strong verbal communications skills and demonstrated ability to write clearly and persuasively
• Good interpersonal skills
• Demonstrated ability to think strategically and thorough understanding of strategic development
• Demonstrated ability to prospect, cultivate, and manage new prospects
• Strong partnership-building and collaborative skills
• Thorough understanding of all components of a diversified funding base
• Good computer skills and familiarity with donor management database software
- Familiarity with architectural history
- Experience raising funds for humanities-based programs
How to Apply:
This job is open for online applications.Please apply online through NPO.net. Send a cover letter outling your experience and interest in the position. Attach a CV or resume. If you have other relevant examples of your work, such as fundraising brochures or successful fundraising proposals you have written, please feel free to attach them.
Unless noted, the thoughts and opinions expressed in the article are solely that of the
author and not necessarily the opinion of the editors of PreservationDirectory.com.