Who We Are:
The Texas Historical Commission (THC) is the state agency for historic preservation. We save the real places that tell the real stories of Texas. THC employees consult with citizens and organizations to preserve Texas’ architectural, archeological, and cultural landmarks. The agency is recognized nationally for its preservation programs. Agency employees work in various fields, including archeology, architecture, history, economic development, heritage tourism, public administration, and urban planning. We employ dedicated and professional people who are committed to the utilization of the latest best practices and technology in delivering
statewide services and support to our customers.
THC is looking for an architect to join the Texas Historic Courthouse Preservation Program; an award-wining nationally recognized program which has provided over $251 million in matching grants to counties for the restoration and rehabilitation of over 60 Texas county courthouses. Be part of this on-going program and its Texas Courthouse Stewardship program which promotes good facility management practices through training, consultations and incentives.
We are looking for an architect/professional who:
- Is able to draw on significant architectural or construction and facility management experience to provide technical guidance to local government elected officials and staff
- Has the ability to teach and guide professionals and laypersons through complex research, design and construction projects
- Will work collaboratively with the public to help them achieve their preservation goals, articulate the policies and practices of our program, develop solutions, and be responsible for ensuring the success of the project
- Is a registered architect or a design professional with documented architectural education and significant experience and passion about the revitalization of historic places
Benefits of Working with THC:
- Competitive salary and employment benefits such as healthcare and retirement programs
- A 40 hour work week with paid holidays and vacation
- Agency support for employees’ personal and professional development, including access to the latest training and tools required to support our customers
- The opportunity to make a difference in the lives of Texans by working to preserve the real places that tell the real stories of Texas
How to Apply:
Review the job posting at www.thc.state.tx.us/about/job-openings. If qualified, complete a State of Texas application at www.workintexas.com. You must have a WorkInTexas profile in order to login and complete the application.
Unless noted, the thoughts and opinions expressed in the article are solely that of the
author and not necessarily the opinion of the editors of PreservationDirectory.com.