Small town local history museum in Wisconsin's scenic Northwoods country seeks an enthusiastic, motivated individual to serve as our Museum Assistant. The Museum Assistant is a paid, part-time, seasonal position. Compensation rate is $8-12/hour, based on experience.
Primary responsibilities include opening, closing the museum buildings and running the front desk each day; recruiting, training, supervising and scheduling volunteers to serve as docents (tour guides); greeting visitors and providing relevant information to them; managing gift shop inventory; and assisting with museum programming.
Required hours (256) are as follows, though some flexibility may be arranged:
- May 27 through June 17: Saturdays 11am-3pm
- June 20 through September 2: Tuesdays-Saturdays 11am-3pm
- September 9 through October 7: Saturdays 11am-3pm
Please request more info from, or send cover letter and resume to Katie at: email@example.com.
- Effective communication skills and an ability to interact with a wide range of people in different situations and settings
- Proficient computer, problem solving, and organizational skills
- Lively interest in local history, museum studies, and/or volunteer management
- Current college students and recent retirees are highly encouraged to apply!
Keywords: wisconsin, local history, job, summer, hiring, Northwoods
Posted: January 18, 2017
Unless noted, the thoughts and opinions expressed in the article are solely that of the
author and not necessarily the opinion of the editors of PreservationDirectory.com.