|Employment Opportunities, Jobs & Internships in Preservation & Cultural Resources
Employment Opportunities, Jobs & Internships in Preservation & Cultural Resources
Position Type:Development Director
Location: Duluth, MN
Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Benefits: Stipend ( Negotiable )
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Dedicated to providingexperience-based learning in the preservation trades, Northern Bedrock HistoricPreservation Corps works to reduce the backlog of maintenance and repair of historic sites and structures across the state of Minnesota. Northern Bedrock, a non-profit organization founded in 2011, strives to “build a pathway to the
preservation trades” by developing a network of trades and craftspeople to provide training for young adults (age 18 - 25). A member of AmeriCorps and the Corporation for National Service, Northern Bedrock’s efforts are made possible in part by a partnership with the Minnesota Historical Society, the Minnesota Department of Employment and Economic Development, and those who value its mission. During this period of growth and change, with a staff of one-part time and five full-time members, Northern Bedrock seeks an individual with the skills and passion to further its mission: Building a Pathway to the Preservation Trades.
Ideal candidates are passionate about using their talents to continue to build and maintain this successful start-up organization. The Development Director is responsible for identifying, cultivating and soliciting new funders. This position develops and implements the individual giving plan, and creates organizational fundraising strategies. The Director identifies prospective grant opportunities, submits compelling proposals and manages received grants. The Development Director is also responsible for the creation of marketing and communication plans and provides content and direction for traditional and online media.
Candidates will have a strong background in communications, including website management and social media. Ideal candidates have experience writing to motivate, inspire and engage potential supporters to act. The position requires strong organizational and networking skills, the ability to work on various projects simultaneously, and a strong eye for detail. The Development Director reports to the Executive Director and collaborates with Northern Bedrock management team.
Grant Writing & Administration
- Create an effective process for grant research and develop grants calendar
- Plan, write, and submit compelling proposals to foundations and other public or private funding sources
- Manage grant administration including compliance, timelines and reporting
- Stay knowledgeable of best practices and industry trends
Communications & Marketing
- Create a strategic communications and marketing plan, to include message and content development with consideration for effective digital and social media outreach
- Provide planning and oversight for development of communication pieces and promotional materials
- Plan and execute all public relations activities including press releases, publications, mailings and others as needed
- Create and execute an individual giving plan
- Create and execute strategic fundraising plan(s)
- Provide stewardship training for staff and board members
- Build and maintain strong relationships with funders
- Identify, structure and implement engagement events for fundraising
- Attend conferences and trainings to maximize networking and skills development
- Explore new funding opportunities and develop supportive partnerships to increase
- Bachelor's degree and 2-3 years of relevant professional experience
- Demonstrated superior written, presentation and verbal communication skills
- Experience using narrative/thematic messaging
- Experience writing grants or similar proposals
- Ability to influence and engage donors and volunteers
- Knowledge of fundraising best practices
- Experience developing and executing development and communications plans, or similar project management experience
- Strong organizational and time management skills with exceptional attention to detail
- 1-3 years of grant writing and/or fundraising experience in a nonprofit setting
- Professional experience and proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, Google, Google Apps, and social media platforms
- Experience managing WordPress sites
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite
- Proficiency in MacOS
Please submit cover letter, writing sample, resume, and two professional references. Email application materials to firstname.lastname@example.org
incomplete applications will not be considered. For questions, contact Ashley
Brey, Communications Manager, (701) 340-9690 or email@example.com.
Northern Bedrock is an equal opportunity employer and offers all persons the benefit of participation in its programs and employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, and/or any other legally protected factors.
Friends of Pathways – Halfway , friends of network
Keywords: Job Opening, Hiring, Development
Posted: January 20, 2017
Unless noted, the thoughts and opinions expressed in the article are solely that of the
author and not necessarily the opinion of the editors of PreservationDirectory.com.