Architectural History Project Manager, HDR INC. (Omaha, NE)
Contributed By: Courtney Neisius
At HDR, we specialize in engineering, architecture, environmental and
construction services. While we are most well-known for adding beauty and
structure to communities through high-performance buildings and smart
infrastructure, we provide much more than that. We create an unshakable
foundation for progress because our multidisciplinary teams also include
scientists, economists, builders, analysts and artists. That’s why we believe
diversity is our greatest strength. HDR is proud to be an equal opportunity
workplace and an affirmative action employer.
Watch our 'About
We believe that the way we work can add meaning
and value to the world. That ideas inspire positive change. That coloring
outside the lines can illuminate fresh perspectives. And that small details
yield important realizations. Above all, we believe that collaboration is the
best way forward.
In the role of Architectural History Project Manager,
we’ll count on you to:
- Manage, direct, and perform work on architectural history
projects, including: architectural surveys, research and development of historic
contexts, HABS/HAER documentations, development of cultural resource management
and planning documents, and other cultural resource projects.
- Manage projects to meet scope, schedule, and budget
- Manage staff and workloads to successfully manage multiple
- Assume a role in marketing and business development with
existing and new clients
- Master's degree in History, Architectural History, Historic
Preservation, or related degree.
- 5-10+ years experience in cultural resource projects
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Provide 2 writing samples with resume.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite
- Must demonstrate knowledge of and experience with project
- activities including consultation, quality assurance and
- Meet Secretary of Interior qualifications for Architectural
- An attitude and commitment to being an active participant
of our employee-owned culture is a must
HDR, we know work isn’t only about who you work for; it’s also about what you do
and how you do it. Led by the strength of our values and a culture shaped by
employee ownership, we network with each other, build on each other’s
contributions, and collaborate together to make great things possible. When you
join HDR, we give you license to do the same. We help you take charge of your
career, giving you multiple growth opportunities along the way.
Keywords: architectural historian, job, hdr, preservation, cultural resources
Posted: February 10, 2017
Unless noted, the thoughts and opinions expressed in the article are solely that of the
author and not necessarily the opinion of the editors of PreservationDirectory.com.