Job Posting: Coos Bay Downtown Association Executive Director (Coos Bay, OR)
Contributed By: Elizabeth-Claire Knox
Coos Bay Downtown Association Executive Director
Status: Full-Time Position
Salary Range $36,000-$45,000 plus Bonus Incentives, Benefit Packages discussed at time of interview
The Coos Bay Downtown Association (CBDA) is seeking a new Executive Director to
assist this non-profit grow and improve downtown Coos Bay. We are looking for someone who has a passion for small business development, who believes in the strengths of this community, and has the skills to help downtown Coos Bay flourish.
- Have significant administrative and volunteer management experience in a non-profit setting and have experience working with a volunteer board. (Background with a Main Street program is a definite plus.)
- Have demonstrated experience building and managing budgets and overseeing financial systems.
- Be a self-starter who is entrepreneurial, imaginative, well organized, and capable of functioning effectively in an independent environment.
- Have experience working with local government agencies, media outlets, and business support organizations.
- Have the knowledge and experience to manage a large public market.
- Have the demonstrated ability to motivate people and coordinate activities in a volunteer-ran organization.
- Have the ability to manage staff.
- Exhibit excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Have knowledge of and sensitivity to issues confronting small businesses.
- Possess strong computer skills and experience with Microsoft Office and managing a database; and experience managing websites and social media channels.
- Have the ability to work a flexible schedule, including nights and weekends as required.
- Grant writing experience preferred.
Applications for this position will be processed through Cardinal Service (http://www.cardinal-services.com/) under “CBDA Executive Director.” Please submit a letter of interest, resume and contact information for two professional references by 5:00 pm June 7, 2017. The letter of interest should reflect your communication skills, experience, values and passion for downtown Coos Bay, and your interest in the mission and projects of CBDA. Candidates should also come prepared with a 6-month business plan for their vision of Downtown Coos Bay.
Qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews between 6/14/17 and 6/15/17.
To learn more about CBDA, please visit http://coosbaydowntown.org
Keywords: Main Street Manager, Executive Director, Job Opening, Oregon
Posted: May 24, 2017
Unless noted, the thoughts and opinions expressed in the article are solely that of the
author and not necessarily the opinion of the editors of PreservationDirectory.com.