Position: Architectural Historian
Location: St. Paul, Minnesota
The 106 Group has an immediate opening in our St. Paul office for an Architectural Historian to join our history team. This position involves working collaboratively with other architectural historians to conduct and complete cultural resources projects in Minnesota and nationally. Job duties entail, but are not limited to, conducting field survey and research, providing technical expertise for cultural resource reports, client communication, and completing assigned projects on schedule and within budget. Travel and fieldwork are requirements of this position. Other duties may include participating in public meetings and overseeing other staff.
The 106 Group offers a professional and friendly working environment with a wide range of interesting and challenging projects in the field of cultural resources management, planning, community engagement, and design. See www.106group.com for more information about our firm.
The ideal candidate will have experience in professional consulting. Minimum qualifications include an M.A./M.S. degree in architectural history, historic preservation, history, planning or closely related field, and at least 2 years of work experience in resources management and/or preservation planning.
Skills and experience required include:
- Excellent research, writing, and critical thinking skills
- A working knowledge of cultural resources management laws and process
- Experienced in defining and conducting reconnaissance and intensive architectural history surveys and evaluations, HABS/HAER/HALS documentation, and National Register nominations
- Demonstrated knowledge of the history and architectural styles of the Midwest and Great Plains
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to meet project schedules and complete tasks within a specified budget
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Ability to work individually and as a team
- Ability to adapt quickly and work well under pressure
- Strong working knowledge with PCs and Microsoft Office applications
- Good working knowledge of current information technologies
- Valid driver’s license and vehicle required
Additional preferred skills include:
The 106 Group offers competitive salaries, an excellent benefits package, and opportunities for growth.
- Previous cultural resources experience in Minnesota
- Experience documenting and evaluating industrial and mining properties, and rural landscapes
- Experience conducting design review for tax credit applications
Complete application located here, submit application, resume and a letter highlighting your skills to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The 106 Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Keywords: Hiring, job, architectural, historian
Posted: June 2, 2017
Unless noted, the thoughts and opinions expressed in the article are solely that of the
author and not necessarily the opinion of the editors of PreservationDirectory.com.