Summary:Transforming ideas into reality since 1958, GAI is an employee-owned engineering and environmental consulting firm. We provide local expertise to worldwide clients in the energy, transportation, development, government, and industrial markets. We believe in community involvement and are committed to corporate responsibility including recycling and eco-friendly practices. We are looking for an Architectural Historian to serve in our Pittsburgh (Homestead) office. The ideal candidate would be experienced in conducting architectural and historical resource surveys and preparing compliance reports.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Experience and knowledge of Section 106 (NHPA), Section 4(f), and NEPA Conduct archival and background research.
- Conduct architectural and historical field surveys (requiring overnight travel).
- Prepare architectural inventory forms.
- Author architectural and historical resources reports.
- Prepare National Register of Historic Places nominations and Determination of Eligibility forms.
Physical Demands and/or Other Job Information (if applicable):
- Degree or a Master’s Degree in History, Architectural History, Historic Preservation, or a related discipline preferred.
- Must be organized and write concisely and clearly.
- Two to Five years of field experience preferred
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical procedures and governmental regulations.
- Ability to demonstrate strong writing and communication skills
- Candidate must have a current driver's license.
- Ability to read and navigate field maps.
- Please note that this position requires frequent overnight travel so candidates must be willing and open to travel locally.
- GAI provides hotel/lodging, a vehicle and per diem to cover food costs.
Keywords: job, career, pittsburgh, architectural, historian, opening, preservation,
Posted: June 13, 2017
Unless noted, the thoughts and opinions expressed in the article are solely that of the
author and not necessarily the opinion of the editors of PreservationDirectory.com.