Thank you for your interest in internship opportunties at the Rhode Island Historical Society.
RIHS has internship opportunities each fall semester, spring semester, and summer. Internships may be located at the RIHS Aldrich House, Robinson Research Center, John Brown House Museum, or Museum of Work & Culture. Some of the potential internship projects and tasks may include (but are not limited to): research, communications, transcription, assisting museum functions and school groups, preparing history lesson plans, gathering and researching content for the RHODI site and related history and heritage outreach, digital textbook initiatives, archives, collections, digitizing, writing, critical thinking, working with the public, history education, and more.Internship opportunities are limited, and are evaluated based on the needs of the organization, students’ interests and skills, and matching the best candidates with each internship opening. All RIHS internships are unpaid internships for academic credit. All applicants are encouraged to apply by the deadlines below to be considered for the internship session they are interested in:
For more information and to apply for internships:
- Fall Semester Application Deadline: August 15; applicants notified by September 1.
- Spring Semester Application Deadline: October 24; applicants notified by November 15
- Summer Application Deadline: March 4; applicants notified by March 28
- Send an email including resume and cover letter to: Rachel Brask Hutchinson, Program Outreach Manager, at email@example.com
- In the subject line of your email inquiry, please include “RIHS Internship” and the semester you are interested in applying for, e.g., “RIHS Internship: Fall 2017.”
Unless noted, the thoughts and opinions expressed in the article are solely that of the
author and not necessarily the opinion of the editors of PreservationDirectory.com.