Dudek is a leading California Environmental and Engineering consulting firm with offices throughout the state. We offer a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package. We are currently hiring for the following position:
Architectural Historian / Historic Preservation Specialist
We are seeking a full time Architectural Historian / Historic Preservation Specialist to work as part of a team of cultural resources specialists to prepare historic resource evaluations and related technical document in compliance with CEQA, NEAP AND Section 106 of the NHPA.
Strong communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree in History, Architectural History, Historic Preservation, or a related field
- 3+ years of professional experience as a consultant in the discipline of architectural history/historic preservation
- Meets the Secretary of the Interior’s Professional Qualification Standards for architectural history
- Strong writing and research skills (provide 1-2 writing samples)
- Provide at least 3 professional references
Apply on line at www.dudek.com or e-mail your resume and cover letter to email@example.com, referencing the position title in your response.
- Experience in preparing technical reports for projects that fall under the jurisdiction of CEQA and Section 106 of the NHPA
- Experience developing historic context statements and registration requirements
- Experience evaluating properties in accordance with local, state and national criteria on State of California DPR forms
- Experience conducting building permit research at local government offices
- Experience conducting CHRIS records searches
- Solid understanding of the Secretary of the Interior’s Standards for Treatment of Historic Properties
- Ability to travel for field work
- Experience working as part of a team of cultural resources professionals.
Dudek is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Posted: September 5, 2017
Unless noted, the thoughts and opinions expressed in the article are solely that of the
author and not necessarily the opinion of the editors of PreservationDirectory.com.