Serves as the City's technical expert for downtown planning, architectural design and historic preservation including grant administration, regulatory compliance, development review processes, and acting as staff liaison to the Historic and Architectural Review Commission (HARC); manages all other development related applications (public and private) in the Downtown and Old Town Overlay districts; and supports the implementation of the Downtown Master Plan.
- Serves as the liaison for the Historic and Architectural Review Commission (HARC) and is the Commission's primary point of contact managing all aspects of the application and development review process.
- Attends Commission, Subcommittee and Board meetings.
- Schedules, creates agenda, and oversees all site visits involving HARC and the HARC Demolition Subcommittee.
- Researches and evaluates design and preservation related matters such as exterior changes to both residential and commercial additions and alterations, demolition/relocation proposals, new business signage, and design compliance in accordance with adopted design guidelines.
- City liaison for the Certified Local Government program with the Texas Historical Commission.
- Assists in the administration of grant applications related to Historic Preservation Reviews.
- Manages and processes current development requests in the Downtown and other Historic Overlay districts.
- Assists in the development of long range studies in conformance with the Unified Development Code, Downtown Master Plan, Downtown and Old Town Overlay Design Guidelines, and other development codes / standards.
- Assists in the implementation of the Downtown Master Plan through interdepartmental coordination and input of the City's Capital Improvement Planning process.
- Attends non-Community Development related meetings such as the Main Street Advisory Board, Downtown Georgetown Association; assists with student/group tours; makes presentations to local groups.
- Assists with special projects related to development code revisions, manual updates, process review, etc.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Keywords: historic, planner, downtown
Posted: September 6, 2017
Unless noted, the thoughts and opinions expressed in the article are solely that of the
author and not necessarily the opinion of the editors of PreservationDirectory.com.