As another great year at PreservationDirectory.com comes to a close, we wanted to take a moment to thank the preservation community for all the great comments and support, both in 2008 and over the years! The site is a labor our love and we couldn't do it without you, and promise many great things in 2009 and beyond.
As the holiday season is in full swing, we wanted to also wish you all the very best. To this end, we also wanted to highlight the many historic holiday tours that are featured in our "Preservation Events & Conferences" section. There are over 20 tours listed, including tours in Portland, Indianapolis, Chicago, West Palm Beach, Dallas, Nashville, and Alexandria. To view the tours, as well as many other events and conferences in 2009 related to historic preservation, click here.
To list your event, tour and/or conference using our online form, please click here.
|In other news: |
- Donation Tool Added to PreservationDirectory.com - Help Support Our Historic Preservation Resource!
Interested in providing critical assistance to our mission of providing comprehensive resources for the historic and cultural resource preservation community? Consider a donation - every little bit helps! If you have found our website useful, please consider a donation by clicking the "Donate" button below and filling out the form provided by PayPal™ or simply click here (please note that donations are not tax deductible, but go a long way towards supporting our mission). Again, any amount helps - 50 cents, $1, $5, more? We appreciate any help!
- New Historic Real Estate Website Launching in January:
We are excited to announce that we are putting the final touches on a new online historic real estate resource, and will be launching the new resource in the coming weeks. The new resource is a separate website that will work closely with PreservationDirectory.com's current historic real estate directory to maximize exposure for these wonderful historic homes. The new site will focus solely on historic real estate and resources for those selling historic homes and those looking to purchase historic homes.
The new website will share the database with PreservationDirectory.com, allowing the new site to tap into the vast network established over the last 10 years through PreservationDirectory.com. The new site features a professional design, easy-to-use interface, 24/7 member area for editing/tracking listings, featured property area, and much more. We will be able to provide more information about the new service in late December!
Please note - all homes listed on PreservationDirectory.com when the new resource launches will be listed at no additional cost on the new website! If you would like to take advantage of this additional exposure, be sure to list on PreservationDirectory.com by late December. To List Historic Properties on PreservationDirectory.com, please click here.
- Preservation Employment Service Launched:
In response to the tightening job market in the historic and cultural resource preservation fields, PreservationDirectory.com has launched a new employment email alert service and blog. After signing up for the service, interested job seekers will receive bi-weekly email notifications of recently posted jobs in preservation-related fields. Postings include internships and employment opportunities in historic preservation, cultural resource management, museum jobs, architecture, and building restoration.
To sign-up for the email alert service click here, then enter your email address and click "subscribe" (emails are never shared with any 3rd party).
- Preservation Jobs!
Each month we will feature jobs and internships at historical societies, architecture firms, museums, etc. that have been posted to our "Preservation Blog" job directory (click on jobs below for more information). Please note, we cannot guarantee the status of each job, so please contact the listing agency for more information:
- Heritage Documentation Programs (HABS/HAER/HALS) Summer 2009 Documentation Program - Summer Jobs with HABS/HAER/HALS (Posted: December 10, 2008)
- Executive Director of the Historical Commission for the Metropolitan Government of Nashville and Davidson County, Tennessee (Posted: December 9, 2008)
- Missouri History Museum Receptionist/General Office Assistant, St. Louis, Missouri (Posted: December 8, 2008)
- Curator of Art and Exhibitions, Whatcom Museum, Bellingham, Washington (Posted: December 7, 2008)
- Executive Director position open, Laramie Main Street Program, Laramie, Wyoming (Posted: December 2, 2008)
- Architect (Historical), Gateway National Recreation Area, Staten Island, New York (Posted: December 2, 2008)
- Two Tenure-Track Assistant Professor Positions, University of Texas at Austin, School of Architecture, Austin, Texas (Posted: December 1, 2008)
- Preservation News Headlines:
We are happy to post the latest preservation and cultural resource news items to our Preservation Blog. We highlight the items of most interest to our readers on our homepage each week, as well as feature these items each month in our email newsletter:
|Be Sure To Check Out Our Existing Comprehensive Resources |
and Recently Added Features:
- Preservation Events & Conferences directory - always up-to-date list of upcoming preservation-related events in North America. Click here to view.
- Historic Real Estate - over 400 historic homes currently listed in North America. Click here to view.
- Revolving Fund Free Listings: In an effort to "find good homes" for endangered properties, we also are proud to provide free listings for such preservation organizations as Preservation North Carolina and The Georgia Trust for Historic Preservation. If your organization has a revolving fund or threatened property program, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to get free listings for all your applicable properties.
- Real Estate Agents specializing in historic real estate - click here to view.
- Historic Lodging - recently upgraded with many new features, the historic lodging directory currently includes over 700 historic inns, hotels and bed and breakfasts in North America.
- Certified Local Government directory - our new directory contains over 1,600 CLGs in North America (preservation commissions, landmark boards, planning departments, etc).
- Hundreds of new historical societies have been added to our already comprehensive directory (currently nearly 4,000 groups in North America are listed ). Click here to view .
- Video Library - gathering and presenting video clips for the benefit of the historic and cultural preservation community.
- Photo Galleries of historic districts, towns and structures, currently including Portland, OR; Rochester, NY; Burlington, VT; German Village Historic District in Columbus, OH; and many more. We have been traveling quite a bit this Summer, and will soon be adding photos of Salt Lake City, UT; Las Vegas, NV; Chicago, IL; Baker City, OR; Victoria, BC; and St. Augustine, FL. Click here to view .
- Site Map - not sure what you are looking for? This convenient site map provides a convenient mechanism to explore our website.
- And much more - click here to go to the PreservationDirectory.com homepage .
As always, feedback is greatly appreciated and will help us better serve our vast network of preservation professionals and those seeking information on historic house research, historical societies, museums, historic real estate, historic lodging, and preservation-related conferences and events.
To Contact PreservationDirectory.com:
Tim Cannan, President
7017 N. Alma Ave.
Portland, OR 97203