CJ Hurley Century Arts is currently interviewing students for our internship program. We are a Portland based design and fine art studio with a focus on historic homes. We work with local and national clients and specialize in the Architectural Reform Movements of Arts & Crafts, Art Nouveau, Jugendstil, Aesthetic, and Art Deco.
We offer multiple internships each academic term, and work with students from local and national colleges and universities. Opportunities for our interns vary and are dependant on the client projects we have at the time. Interns are given the opportunity to interact with clients and industry professionals, and are encouraged to participate in our studio projects.
Learning opportunities and possible projects include:
- Attend meetings with Clients, Interior Designers, Contractors, Vendors, and Retailers
- General office assistance and projects
- Create presentation boards for client meetings
- Assist with advertising concepts and layouts for our national advertising
- Design postcards, newsletters, and other graphic materials for product promotion and special events
- Help maintain advertising and media books
- Catalog design and layout
- Brochure development
- Participation in professional photo shoots with our NY photographer
- Photo retouching for web and print media
- Assist with ongoing updates to our website
- Participate in trade shows
Compensation: This is a non-paid internship. Internships can be completed for academic credit. Students seeking professional work experience with no academic credit may also apply.
Work Schedule: Hours are flexible and based on the credit hour requirements of the individual academic program, but are agreed upon prior to the start of the internship. Students typically work 8-16 hours a week. Full time internships are available during summer term.
General Requirements: Qualified Candidates will be organized, attentive to detail, have strong written and verbal communication skills, be a creative thinker, and able to work independently and as a team player.
Job Specific Requirements: Graphic Design Interns must have an ability to work in Adobe Photoshop and InDesign. Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint is helpful. Ability to scan and retouch images is required. All interested and qualified students are encouraged to apply.
About Century Arts: Students may learn more about us on our website (www.cjhurley.com). We are a nationally recognized studio and have work published in the following magazines: Arts & Crafts Homes and the Revival: Old House Interiors; American Bungalow; Style 1900; New Old House; and Oregon Home. For more information, contact Barbara Pierce at 503.234.4167. Resumes and letters of interest may be sent by email to email@example.com.