Greetings Historic Home Seekers,
As always, we are thrilled to provide a link to our "New Homes for Sale" directory, filled with great historic homes and property added to our site in September & October 2007, and also to provide other great resources for those looking to purchase a historic home and those seeking to list historic homes for sale.
We are also happy to highlight a truly great home this month as our "Featured Property of the Month". A home will be featured each month is our email newsletter - this month's home is a unique houseboat located in Portland, Oregon (see photo and short description below). As always, be sure to check out our "Featured Properties" section on our website (see links for more information below under "Featured Properties").
Feedback is greatly appreciated and will help us better serve our vast network of historic homeowners, Realtors® and real estate agents, and those dreaming of purchasing their historic dream house. A few of our resources and features are highlighted below:
|This Month's Featured Property:|
Dramatic Makeover of Classic 1886 Home
This SW Portland home was slated for demolition when Clem Ogilby, a local preservationist specializing in renovation, restoration and creative reuse of historic buildings, stepped in. With public relations support from the Lair Hill Neighborhood Association, as well as several City Bureaus, an extraordinary rescue occurred: the home was moved with housemoving dollies to the Willamette River Park in John's Landing, craned onto a new log and foam foundation, transported downriver by tugboat to a Multnomah Channel moorage and after a meticulous 2 year restoration rejuvenated as a delightful FLOATING HOME!
To view this property, click here.
- Be sure to check out our weekly "Featured Properties for Sale". Each week we feature 5 properties on the Featured Property page, as well as 1 property on our homepage / sidebar of each page. To view these properties, click here.
- Interested in adding your listing(s) as a Featured Property? After you have listed your property, simply log into our "Members Area" using your email/password (contact us if you need this information), click on "My Property Listings", and click "Add as Featured" next to the listing(s) you would like to feature.
Real Estate Agent Directory:
- Be sure to view the new members of our "Real Estate Agent" directory - recently added to the website, our new directory features agents from all over the United States who can help you find your historic dream house, with more being added each month. To view the directory, please click here.
- Interested in listing on our "Real Estate Agent" directory? Add your profile (contact information, photo, mission statement, and list of properties currently listed on PreservationDirectory.com) to our site and be seen by the thousands of daily visitors to our site who are actively seeking to purchase a historic home. Also, when your agent listing is active, you receive 20% off all future property listings. For more information, please click here.
View Homes and Properties in a variety of ways, plus tools for tracking properties listed:
- Sort properties by location, square footage, price, bed/baths, and architectural style.
- All properties added in last 60 days are featured in our "New Listings" directory.
- For those listing properties, view "number of page views", edit listings through our members area at anytime, and upload photos directly to our site.
| New Listings Added in Past 60 Days:|