Greetings Historic Home Seekers,
We are happy to present another installment of our "Historic Real Estate for Sale Directory" email newsletter. The featured property this month is the absolutely beautiful and historic Brunswick Manor in Brunswick, Georgia. Many new historic/vintage homes have been added this month, and be sure to check out the handfull of new real estate agents who specialize in historic preservation and restoration listed on our real estate agent directory (see below for more info).
Our "Featured Agent" this month is Dena Van Slyke of Beacon Brokerage in San Clemente, California.
As always, feedback is greatly appreciated and will help us better serve our vast network of historic homeowners, Realtors® and real estate agents, and those dreaming of purchasing their historic dream house. A few of our resources and features are highlighted below:
|This Month's Featured Property:|
The Columbia Downing House (now Brunswick Manor) was built in 1886 on Halifax Square by architect Alred Eichberg and built in the Richarsonian Romanesque manner. Columbia Downing was referred to as Major Downing which was a term of endearment as he was never a major. The Downing Company was a commanding building on the waterfront which was responsible for the Port of Brunswick's claim to be the second on the East Coast ports in the supplies of naval stores. Major Downing is the only union officer to have a monument located in Queen Square built in his honor in the South by Southerners.
To View This Property, Click Here
|This Month's Featured Real Estate Agent:|
Dena Van Slyke
San Clemente, California
Licensed since 1979, I have my heart in my business and love what I do. Beacon Brokerage has been specializing in Historic Properties since 1997 in San Juan Capistrano, San Clemente and Dana Point, California, I own four historic properties myself. After restoring my 4,800 square foot Spanish Colonial Revival house, built by world famous architect, Paul R. Williams, I bought my Model A Ford to drive clients around in the rumble seat and specialized my practice in historic properties.
We began a Property Owner's Club to network about the care and restoration of these "diamonds in the rough". We hold quarterly meetings on property tax benefits including the Mill's Act, restoration, preservation, and all things historic. Our annual home tours benefit the local historical societies. On June 14th, 2008 we are producing our 11th historic home tour in San Clemente.
I am also the chair of the San Clemente Historical Society's Preservation Committee and Past President of the Society. I have served as an Ambassador for the San Clemente Chamber of Commerce for the past five years.
Check out my website for more information on my company and my listings at www.denavanslyke.com.
To View This Agent's Full Profile, Click Here.
To View All Agents, Click Here.
For Information on Listing Your Agent Profile, Click Here.
- Be sure to check out our weekly "Featured Properties for Sale". Each week we feature 5 properties on the Featured Property page, as well as 1 property on our homepage / sidebar of each page. To view these properties, click here.
- Interested in adding your listing(s) as a Featured Property? When adding your property through our secure online form, you will have the option of making your property a featured property (or after you have listed your property, simply log into our "Members Area" using your email/password, click on "My Property Listings", and click "Add as Featured" next to the listing(s) you would like to feature).
Real Estate Agent Directory:
- Be sure to view the new members of our "Real Estate Agent" directory - recently added to the website, our new directory features agents from all over the United States who can help you find your historic dream house, with more being added each month. To view the directory, please click here.
- Interested in listing on our "Real Estate Agent" directory? Add your profile (contact information, photo, mission statement, and list of properties currently listed on PreservationDirectory.com) to our site and be seen by the thousands of daily visitors to our site who are actively seeking to purchase a historic home. Also, when your agent listing is active, you receive 20% off all future property listings. For more information, please click here.
View Homes and Properties in a variety of ways, plus tools for tracking properties listed:
- Sort properties by location, square footage, price, bed/baths, and architectural style.
- All properties added in last 60 days are featured in our "New Listings" directory.
- For those listing properties, view "number of page views", edit listings through our members area at anytime, and upload photos directly to our site.
| New Listings Added in Past 60 Days:|