Greetings Historic Home Seekers,
We are very happy to announce that our long-awaited "Preservation Bookstore" has officially launched. The initial collection of books have been added to the site, and expect many more books to be added over the coming days (the complete bookstore will be ready early next week).
The bookstore features the best books and publications available in fields related to historic preservation - the current available categories include: Architectural History; Building Restoration; Endangered History; Historic Preservation Laws & Policy; Historic Real Estate; Identifying Architectural Styles; National Park Service History; and Stadiums & Classic Ballparks. Additional categories, which will be ready in the coming days include Architectural Tours; Cultural Landscapes; Historic Preservation Funding; Museum Management; Researching House History; Roadside Attractions; and Rural Heritage.
To view the main bookstore page, please click here (or you can find it on the sidebar of our website under "Preservation Bookstore").
As always, below is this month's featured property and featured real estate agent specializing in historic real estate:
|This Month's Featured Property:|
||Historic Havre Montana USPO & Federal Courthouse|
Built in 1931 by the Federal Government as a regional US Post Office and Federal Courthouse the build retains all of the original architectural features in the Greek revival tradition. Building encompasses 32,000 sq. ft. of interior space and sits on six (6) prime downtown commercial district lots. Private as well as public parking is included. Main interior features include all original terazo marble flooring, hemlock, and maple case work, marble wainscoting, palladian windows, doors, leaded glass, brass mailboxes, etc.
To View This Property, Click Here
|This Month's Featured Real Estate Agent:|
RE/MAX East of the River
"What a privilege to live and work in southern New England. Walking literally 'in the footsteps' of Nathan Hale, Samuel Huntington, J. Alden Weir and, of course, General Washington on a daily basis, I couldn't help but be smitten by the many fine examples of centuries-old architecture gracing the area."
So states Susan Barney when asked how she developed interest in one of her most highly regarded areas of specialty: Historic New England Properties. Whether the property consist of a 1690's blacksmith's shop, turn-of-the-century millhouses or a distinctive National Historic Register compound, each assignment receives exceptional attention to fastidious detail.
To View This Agent's Full Profile, Click Here.
To View All Agents, Click Here.
For Information on Listing Your Agent Profile, Click Here.
- Be sure to check out our weekly "Featured Properties for Sale". Each week we feature 5 properties on the Featured Property page, as well as 1 property on our homepage / sidebar of each page. To view these properties, click here.
- Interested in adding your listing(s) as a Featured Property? When adding your property through our secure online form, you will have the option of making your property a featured property (or after you have listed your property, simply log into our "Members Area" using your email/password, click on "My Property Listings", and click "Add as Featured" next to the listing(s) you would like to feature).
Real Estate Agent Directory:
- Be sure to view the new members of our "Real Estate Agent" directory - recently added to the website, our new directory features agents from all over the United States who can help you find your historic dream house, with more being added each month. To view the directory, please click here.
- Interested in listing on our "Real Estate Agent" directory? Add your profile (contact information, photo, mission statement, and list of properties currently listed on PreservationDirectory.com) to our site and be seen by the thousands of daily visitors to our site who are actively seeking to purchase a historic home. Also, when your agent listing is active, you receive 20% off all future property listings. For more information, please click here.
View Homes and Properties in a variety of ways, plus tools for tracking properties listed:
- Sort properties by location, square footage, price, bed/baths, and architectural style.
- All properties added in last 60 days are featured in our "New Listings" directory.
- For those listing properties, view "number of page views", edit listings through our members area at anytime, and upload photos directly to our site.
| New Listings Added in Past 60 Days:|