This Old House magazine and PreservationDirectory.com are seeking nominations for the 6th annual “Best Old House Neighborhoods” feature. According to This Old House Associate Editor, Keith Pandolfi,"The point of this contest is—as it has always been—to familiarize TOH readers with outstanding, sometimes overlooked neighborhoods or towns that have exceptional older houses, and residents working hard to both restore them, and maintain them-for future generations." TOH is looking for 64 (one in each state, one in Puerto Rico, and one in each of Canada's 10 provinces and three territories) to add to its list of Best Old House Neighborhoods.
"As always," says Pandolfi, "we're especially interested in overlooked places known for affordable houses that are heavy on architectural details."
To suggest a historic district, town or city, please send the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline is Friday, October 26th, 2012 [note: deadline has been extended from previous deadline].
Be sure to include:
- The name of the neighborhood, town or district you wish to nominate
- A brief history of the area
- A brief description of the types of houses available, including architectural styles, the period in which they were built; and the average price range.
- A short paragraph on why you think the area deserves to be included on the list.
- At least five high-resolution digital photographs (300 DPI, at about 8.5 by 6.5) of houses, streetscapes and, if possible, neighborhood events.
Keywords: This Old House Magazine, Best Old House Neighborhoods
Posted: September 27, 2012
Unless noted, the thoughts and opinions expressed in the article are solely that of the
author and not necessarily the opinion of the editors of PreservationDirectory.com.