Historic Prervation Strutural Engineer, JVA, Inc. (Boulder, CO)
Contributed By: JVA, Inc.
JVA has an opening for a creative and highly motivated structural engineer to work with our Historic Preservation and Residential teams in our downtown Boulder office.
1) 5 years’ experience minimum; license Professional Engineer.
2) Experience assessing historic structures or existing buildings and designing repairs and alterations important.
3) Experience in multi-family residential construction is highly desirable.
4) Strong technical skills required. Experience in wood and masonry design critical. Seismic, steel and concrete design experience also desirable.
5) Excellent writing skills and verbal communication required. Experience writing technical structure assessment reports desirable.
6) Experience with REVIT and AutoCAD.
7) Primary responsibility will be in our Historic Preservation department. Flexibility and desire to work on multiple projects is essential.
JVA is headquartered in beautiful downtown Boulder, Colorado, with a northern office in Fort Collins and a mountain office in Winter Park. Established in 1956, JVA is a 80-person structural, civil and environmental engineering firm serving architects, owners, and builders on projects throughout the Rocky Mountain region and nationwide.
JVA has a strong background in preservation and renovation work on historic buildings, and we are the only firm in Colorado with a Historic Preservation Department dedicated to this effort. We provide forensic, stabilization, renovation and preservation services on a large variety of historic structures ranging from dilapidated barns and mining cabins to high profile buildings with Historic Register listings.
At present we provide services to the National Park Service on several A/E teams team for both historic and new work in multiple regions of the country. We've completed dozens of NPS projects involving visitor centers, auditoriums, comfort stations, shelters and housing.
JVA is active with the U.S. Green Building Council, and many of our engineers are LEED Accredited Professionals. In addition JVA Inc. is fully committed to ongoing staff training, please visit our website at www.jvajva.com
Competitive benefit package.
Keywords: Job Opening
Posted: September 18, 2014
Unless noted, the thoughts and opinions expressed in the article are solely that of the
author and not necessarily the opinion of the editors of PreservationDirectory.com.