Boston is in the midst of one of the largest construction booms in the city's history. Which projects have demonstrated how to best blend the old and the new? We're gearing up for an exciting 2017 Preservation Achievement Award ceremony in September, where we shine a light on Boston preservation and design. Do you know of a project that has responded to this growth with creative preservation and adaptive new construction? Then we want to hear from you!
Nominations are now being accepted for the 2017 Preservation Achievement Awards. These coveted awards are given annually to honor outstanding achievements in historic preservation and compatible new construction in Boston. Winners also compete for our Fan Favorite, which has garnered 40,000 votes in three years.
Projects that will be considered for award recognition include but are not limited to:
- Rehabilitation or restoration that preserves Boston’s architectural or cultural heritage
- Adaptive reuse of existing historic resources
- New construction in harmony with Boston’s built environment
- Parks, landscapes, and natural areas that have been preserved or restored
- Exterior lighting, accessibility, and landscape design highlighting historic resources
- Innovative energy efficiency and/or climate preparedness integration into historic fabric
Unless noted, the thoughts and opinions expressed in the article are solely that of the
author and not necessarily the opinion of the editors of PreservationDirectory.com.