Garavaglia Architecture Inc. is a dynamic preservation architecture firm conveniently located in downtown San Francisco. Established in 1986, our range of projects includes civic, commercial, institutional, and residential projects with a specialization in historic preservation and sustainability. While many of our projects are located in the San Francisco Bay Area, we do work throughout California. The firm actively seeks projects that challenge our studio, including a variety of interesting and unusual projects both large and small. We pride ourselves in offering our clients innovative and personalized services for their projects while seamlessly integrating technical expertise with creative design solutions.
As a growing firm, we are currently seeking a Senior Architectural Historian with 3
to 5 years of professional experience.
Senior Architectural Historian candidates should be able to demonstrate a working knowledge of, and experience with, the following:
- Standard industry reports – HRE, HSR, SISR Reviews and National Register Nominations
- Historic preservation philosophies and current methodologies
- Secretary of the Interior’s Treatment Standards
- Survey methodologies
- CEQA research
- Regional development trends/contexts planning requirements
- Planning and Conditions Assessment
- Solid client communication skills
- Excellent writing and editing abilities
- Awareness of project timelines and budgets
- Comfort with a fast-paced, multi-disciplinary team work environment
- Project Management capabilities including team coordination
Garavaglia Architecture is committed to provide an environment for growth opportunities for its employees including participation in professional organizations and continuing educational opportunities. We offer medical benefits. Garavaglia Architecture, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Masters in Preservation Planning, Historic Preservation, Architectural History or related field
- Candidate must meet the Secretary of the Interior’s Professional Qualification Standards for Architectural Historian
Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Senior Architectural Historian" as the subject heading.
Keywords: historic, preservation, architecture, project manager, historian, garavaglia, san francisco, historic evaluation, reports, planning, national register, nominations, conditions assessment
Posted: August 9, 2018
Unless noted, the thoughts and opinions expressed in the article are solely that of the
author and not necessarily the opinion of the editors of PreservationDirectory.com.