Job Posting: Museum Office and Communications Assistant, The University of Oregon Museum of Natural and Cultural History (Eugene, OR)
Contributed By: Kristin Strommer
The University of Oregon Museum of Natural and Cultural History enhances knowledge of Earth’s environment and cultures, inspiring stewardship of our collective past, present, and future. This position interacts with employees across the museum’s four divisions, visitors, students, volunteers, and campus partners.Position Summary:This position is part of the central administrative unit, primarily to support the Director of Communications and Marketing efforts to reach campus and public audiences and increase interest and engagement in these various offerings. In addition, this position will also perform general administrative and clerical tasks to all museum divisions.
Work schedule is Sunday-Thursday and includes some special event hours.
• Completion of courses or training in office technology;
• One year of general clerical experience;
• An equivalent combination of training and experience.
• Exemplary written and spoken communication skills, great attention to detail.
• The ability to communicate scientific or technical content to diverse audiences.
• Experience with social media platforms, including but not limited to Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter, YouTube, and Snapchat.
• Strong attention to detail and capacity to master both clerical and creative tasks.
• Experience with Excel, Word, mail merge, InDesign, Google calendars, Volgistics and TAM point of sale system.
• Successful completion of at least three college-level science courses, or the ability to otherwise demonstrate scientific literacy.
For more information visit http://careers.uoregon.edu/cw/en-us/job/522969/office-specialist
Posted: September 27, 2018
Unless noted, the thoughts and opinions expressed in the article are solely that of the
author and not necessarily the opinion of the editors of PreservationDirectory.com.