Docomomo US Membership Coordinator (Part Time) (New York, NY)
Contributed By: Elizabeth Waytkus
Docomomo US, the nation’s only non-profit organization dedicated to the preservation of modern architecture is looking for a part-time Membership Coordinator in its New York City office. The Docomomo US Membership
Coordinator is responsible for processing and overseeing membership efforts and
assisting in the development of all print and electronic communications. The
Membership Coordinator oversees, maintains and updates the organization’s
member database, processes new and renewing memberships and communicates with members. The Coordinator provides updated monthly membership lists to chapters; and provides additional support in the design and development of membership communications such as the annual membership drive and annual fundraising appeals.
The Membership Coordinator must have excellent verbal and written communications skills, the ability to work on multiple projects at the same time, high attention to detail and the ability to work independently. Candidates must have demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and familiarity with Adobe Design Suite and database software such as Neon. A minimum bachelor’s degree in historic preservation, art history or related degree is required. Candidates with historic preservation knowledge and a love for modernism are preferred.
Docomomo US is an internationally affiliated non-profit organization led by a national Board of Directors and staff that represents a union of regional chapters that share its members’ knowledge of and enthusiasm for modern architecture and design. Docomomo US is dedicated to the preservation of modern architecture, landscape and design. Through advocacy, education and documentation, we provide leadership and knowledge by demonstrating the importance of modern design principles including the social context, technical merits, aesthetics and settings of these important pieces of American history.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The duties of the Membership Coordinator include but are not necessarily limited to the following:
- Oversee, maintain and update the organization’s member database
- Responsible for all membership and appeal mailings, electronic communication as well as membership correspondence with new and renewing members
- Process new and renewing memberships and communicate membership status with members
- Work with dedicated Membership Committee of the Board of Directors to strategize and implement membership growth and development
- Provide updated monthly membership lists to chapters and friend organizations
- Assist in the writing, design and development of membership and appeal communications
- Coordinate printed material
- Assist in the design of various graphic pieces, website and email communications
- Provide support through note taking and reporting at board meetings when needed
- Provide documentation of membership efforts and progress
- Assist in the coordination of all national programs
- Answer phone calls and respond to emails that come to a general inbox
Please send resume and cover letter email@example.com. Include "Program and Communications Manager Position" in subject line.
Keywords: modern, modernism, job, new york, jobs
Posted: October 16, 2018
Unless noted, the thoughts and opinions expressed in the article are solely that of the
author and not necessarily the opinion of the editors of PreservationDirectory.com.