Monday-Friday from 9am to 5pm.
Manage the conservation easement program of The L’Enfant Trust. The Historic Preservation Specialist is responsible for administrating the Trust’s 1,144 conservation easements and assisting with other Trust activities. Provide support for the Trust’s Historic Properties Redevelopment Program (HPRP), which is currently rehabilitating four properties in the Anacostia Historic District.
Under the direction of the President/CEO:
· Review rehabilitation/restoration proposals for exterior changes to easemented properties
· Issue letters to property owners for approved projects
· Prepare written notices to all easemented property owners annually
· Provide guidance to architects, contractors, consultants and property owners on historic preservation standards and local preservation regulations
· Provide technical assistance information on historic building materials, restoration treatments and tools, and new preservation technologies
· Perform on-site property inspections and review annual photography
· Maintain Filemaker database and property files
· Respond to easement donation inquiries and oversee donations
· Work with government agencies and perform tasks related to permitting for HPRP
· Research building histories
· Create content for various social media platforms and monthly newsletter
· Master’s Degree in Historic Preservation or related field
· Strong analytical, organizational and prioritization skills
· Ability to work both independently and collaboratively
· Proficiency in computer skills (Microsoft Word,Excel, Power Point, Publisher)
· Superior writing skills including communication via electronic media
· Keen understanding of confidentiality standards and practices
· Familiarity with social media, including Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
Salary is $50,000 - $60,000, commensurate with experience and education, and will include benefits. Small, friendly office located near public transportation (Red Line Metro) in downtown Dupont Circle.
Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by December 10, 2018.
Attention: Ananda Bagiackas, Operations Manager
No telephone calls please.
Posted: November 29, 2018
Unless noted, the thoughts and opinions expressed in the article are solely that of the
author and not necessarily the opinion of the editors of PreservationDirectory.com.