LOCATION: HPD Offices, Stockbridge, Georgia
DIVISION: Historic Preservation Division
POSITION #: 00098660
JOB CODE: NRP032
ENTRY SALARY: $35,569.36
Serves as Environmental Review (ER) Historian. Processes project review applications for database entry, routing, and file management. Reviews projects for National Register of Historic Places (NRHP) eligibility and effects determinations for Section 106 compliance and similar/related state and federal laws. Provides interagency liaison support. Assists in resolving adverse effects, including negotiating and reviewing agreement documents. Provides technical assistance, provides information to the public, give presentations, and conducts meetings and site visits as necessary. Provides ER program reporting and assists in managing program files in accordance with established procedures. Advises Environmental
Review Program Manager, Historic Resources Section Chief, Historic Preservation Division Director, and other agency officials on ER-related issues and projects. Supports other HPD program areas as necessary. Supports and participates in special projects as necessary.
Bachelor's degree in natural resource management, environmental science, historical preservation or a closely related field from an accredited college or
One year of experience in a directly related field.
Two years of experience required at the lower level Curator/Preservationist 2
(NRP031) or position equivalent.
Preference may be given to applicants with a Master’s degree in Historic Preservation, Architectural History, or Architecture in combination with minimum
qualification educational requirements or other multiple degree combinations
including disciplines from both minimum and preferred qualifications lists and
one or more of the following:
If interested in applying for this position, please submit an electronic DNR
- Experience with reviewing projects for Section 106 compliance and similar/related state and federal laws, including defining APE and eligibility and effects determinations
- Experience surveying for and documenting historic resources, including identifying/defining types and styles, as a consultant or as a state/local agency staff
- Experience with evaluating historic resources for eligibility for listing in the National Register of Historic Places and reviewing work for consistency with SOI Standards
- Experience working with property owners or agencies regarding preservation and rehabilitation issues
- Experience working with databases or other electronic information file systems
- Experience working with at least one other core SHPO program area such as Tax Incentives, Certified Local Governments, or National Register on a consultant basis or as agency staff
Application for Employment to the e-mail address highlighted below or mail a
completed DNR Application for Employment to the following address:
Georgia Department of Natural Resources
Historic Preservation Division
ATTN: Jennifer Dixon
2610 GA Hwy 155, SW
Stockbridge, GA 30281
Keywords: Job Listing, Georgia, Historian, Employment
Posted: January 10, 2019
Unless noted, the thoughts and opinions expressed in the article are solely that of the
author and not necessarily the opinion of the editors of PreservationDirectory.com.