Part Time Executive Director, Preservation Alliance of Baltimore County (Monkton, MD)
Contributed By: Jeffrey Lees
Seeking Part-time Executive Director for the Preservation Alliance of
Baltimore County (PABC).
PABC is a 501 C-3 non- profit organization founded in 1978 for preserving buildings and sites in Baltimore County Maryland. This part-time position is 20 hours per week. Hours are highly variable and can include evening and weekend meetings, events, and other obligations.
The Executive Director is responsible for the administration, programs and strategic plan of PABC. Duties include fundraising, marketing, community outreach, and grant writing. The position reports to the Board of Directors.
1) Works with the Board of Directors to ensure fulfillment of the organizational
2) Assists the public in achieving historic preservation goals that are consistent with PABC’s mission. Responds to inquiries for information and assistance.
3) Acts as spokesperson for PABC. Forms and maintains relationships with the
Baltimore County Government officials and staff as well as community leaders
4) Writes and presents Baltimore County Landmark nominations to the
Landmarks Preservation Commission.
5) Manages volunteers.
6) Executes Board approved events.
7) Develops and executes public relations strategy.
Bachelor’s or Graduate Degree in Architectural History, Historic Preservation, or equivalent
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
1. Grant writing
2. Social media management
4. Event planning and execution
5. Microsoft Word and Excel
- Passion for preserving historic buildings and sites
- Outgoing, extroverted
- Congenial under stress
- Copes well with multitasking
- Highly organized
- Likes focusing on details
Mr. Timothy L. Bishop- Board Chairman
16207 Corbett Village Lane
Monkton, Maryland 21111
Keywords: Executive Director, Part Time, Baltimore County, MD
Posted: January 25, 2019
Unless noted, the thoughts and opinions expressed in the article are solely that of the
author and not necessarily the opinion of the editors of PreservationDirectory.com.