Preservation Austin Executive Director
A competitive nationwide search is underway for a permanent full-time Executive Director of Preservation Austin in Austin, Texas. Preservation Austin (PA) is Austin’s leading nonprofit organization for historic preservation. PA was founded in 1953, comprises more than 700 members, and has an annual operating budget of approximately $275,000. PA promotes the city’s diverse cultural heritage through the preservation of historic places.
The Executive Director is responsible for the professional management of Preservation Austin and will grow the organization’s role as Austin’s leading advocate for the preservation of historic places. The Executive Director provides overall leadership for board and organizational development, financial oversight and operations, fundraising, event and volunteer management, advocacy, educational programs, and marketing and communications. The Executive Director reports to and is directly accountable to the Board of Directors. The Executive Director will oversee one full-time staff member who currently serves as the Program Manager. The salary is commensurate with experience. The ideal candidate will:
• Have significant and proven leadership skills developed through nonprofit management positions.
• Be visionary, trustworthy, diplomatic, understanding and innovative with high energy level.
• Be a skillful builder of coalitions among individuals, businesses, and public and private organizations that promote PA’s goals.
• Demonstrate success in attracting foundation and corporate grants as well ability to identify, steward and solicit individual and corporate donors.
• Raise the visibility of the organization through successful events and marketing including the expansion of the membership base.
• Have an affinity for working with a culturally and politically diverse community.
• Have superior verbal and written communications skills with a range of audiences.
For a detailed job description and listing of duties and responsibilities, please visit our website at: https://www.preservationaustin.org/about-us/staff/executive-director-position-now-open
How To Apply Materials to be emailed by Executive Director Candidates:
• Personal Resume
• Three Personal References
• Three Professional References
• One brief (1 to 4 pages) sample of your writing (a grant application, an article, etc.)
• Answers to the following questions (limited to 250 words each):
o Describe your experience working with nonprofit organizations as a staff member and/or volunteer.
o Describe your experience with event planning and coordination.
o Describe your experience with fundraising and/or grant writing.
o Describe your experience and/or desire to work in the field of historic preservation.
o Describe your experience working with diverse communities.
Please send materials electronically to: firstname.lastname@example.org
APPLICATION DEADLINE: April 15, 2019
NO PHONE CALLS ACCEPTED
Keywords: Historic Preservation, Executive Director, Non-Profit, Austin
Posted: March 10, 2019
Unless noted, the thoughts and opinions expressed in the article are solely that of the
author and not necessarily the opinion of the editors of PreservationDirectory.com.