Architectural Consultant position, PA Historical and Museum Commission (Harrisburg, PA)
Contributed By: Joe Lauver
Position: Architectural Consultant
Type: Professional Opportunity
Location: Harrisburg, PA
Details: $64,000 starting salary
Open Until: 04/30/2019
Help to preserve the history of Pennsylvania by working on the historic sites and museums administered by the Pennsylvania Historical and Museum Commission. Join a diverse team that is responsible for maintaining over 400 buildings, and put your passion for architecture and history to use serving the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. This is professional level work in the planning, design, and oversight of construction projects for the Pennsylvania Historical and Museum Commission.
DESCRIPTION OF WORK
The Architectural Consultant provides architectural design, design review, technical consulting and related professional services for construction projects at historic sites and museums administered by the Pennsylvania Historical and Museum Commission. This position is responsible for planning and managing projects on some of Pennsylvania's most important historic sites and gets to insure the sites and museums that tell the history of Pennsylvania are in good condition for the visiting public. Work includes overseeing renovation and new construction projects for conformance and compliance with current building codes and the Secretary of the Interior Standards for the treatment of Historic Properties.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, TRAINING & ELIGIBILITY
A resume needs to be submitted with your application. You may upload your document as an Attachment during the application process. You must still complete the application and answer the supplemental questions.
- Must meet PA residency requirement
- Minimum Experience and Training Requirements - One year as an Architectural Designer 2; OR
- three years of professional architectural experience in building renovation and new construction for commercial, institutional, or educational buildings, and a bachelor's degree in architecture, architectural engineering, or a closely related field which included major course work in architectural design; OR
- an equivalent combination of experience and training which included at least one year of project coordination in the design, construction, or review of architectural projects, the integration of function and design, and the preparation of architectural plans and specifications for commercial, institutional, or educational buildings.
- Necessary Special Requirement - Positions in this class require licensure as a registered architect by the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania or a reciprocal jurisdiction.
Must be able to perform essential job functions
How to Apply: All application information can be found at the following address:
Keywords: Pennsylvania, Historic Preservation, architect
Posted: April 15, 2019
Unless noted, the thoughts and opinions expressed in the article are solely that of the
author and not necessarily the opinion of the editors of PreservationDirectory.com.