Historic Preservation Outreach Coordinator, History Nebraska (Lincoln, NE)
Contributed By: Kylie Hatten
History Nebraska is seeking a passionate history advocate to serve as Historic Preservation Outreach Coordinator. The position requires a dynamic and enthusiastic person to bring our preservation programs to a wider audience. Reporting to the Deputy SHPO, the outreach coordinator will work closely with SHPO team members to enhance existing programs and look for innovative ways to reach audiences.
History Nebraska is a statewide educational institution that connects people to the past through our library and research center, conservation facility, interpretive sites, and the state archeology and historic preservation offices. History Nebraska preserves and interprets our state's past, contributes to the education of its citizens, and uses the tools of history to shape a better future for all Nebraskans.
Job location is 1500 R Street, Downtown.
Examples of Work
• Promote SHPO programs, especially National Register of Historic Places and Historic Tax Credits, to the citizens of Nebraska via direct mailings, site visits, and public presentations.
• Travel will be an essential part of the job duties, including both day trips and overnight trips.
• Collaborate with local groups, including Certified Local Governments and preservation organizations to enrich their knowledge of these programs for help promoting them and/or promote participation in them within their communities.
• Organize several events per year that celebrate successful tax credit projects, inviting local and state politicians, property owners, and the public.
Qualifications / Requirements
REQUIREMENTS: Master's degree in history, architectural history or closely related field; OR Bachelor's degree in any of the above noted fields plus one of the following: a) two years' experience in research, writing or teaching in a related field or b) substantial contribution through research and publication to the body of scholarly knowledge as determined applicable based on Secretary of the Interior Professional Qualifications Standards (36 CFR Part 61, Appendix A).
PREFERRED: Familiarity with the operations of a State Historic Preservation Office.
OTHER: Valid driver's license or able to provide independent authorized transportation.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Experienced in public speaking, with a strong track record in effective communication to groups and individuals
• Strong writing skills
• Highly organized self-starter with the ability to assimilate information quickly.
• Experience in planning and executing events and workshops
• Ability to work collaboratively with SHPO team and marketing teams
• Organizational and time management skills
Applications must be submitted at statejobs.nebraska.gov by 6/11/2019
Keywords: job, opportunity, outreach, nebraska
Posted: May 17, 2019
Unless noted, the thoughts and opinions expressed in the article are solely that of the
author and not necessarily the opinion of the editors of PreservationDirectory.com.