|Employment Opportunities, Jobs & Internships in Preservation & Cultural Resources
Employment Opportunities, Jobs & Internships in Preservation & Cultural Resources
The Office & Communications Manager provides reception and interfaces with the public, supports Greater Portland Landmarks’ programs, services, and events, and serves as point-person for technology systems, building repairs and tenant relations. Manager is responsible for leading the organization in marketing, promotion and communications. You will help facilitate the organizations mission by helping us tell the stories that connect people with historic places and the work of Greater Portland Landmarks. This is a new position and has tremendous potential for growth.
You must be a team player who is very well-organized and able to multi-task while enjoying working with staff, volunteers, and members of the public. You are someone who has excellent people skills, a positive outlook, is enthusiastic about the mission and has a strong desire to learn and contribute to the collective success of Greater Portland Landmarks.
- Create, plan, schedule and execute a comprehensive marketing and public engagement plan for each fiscal year which includes social media, e-news, online and print publications and mailings including Landmarks’ Magazine Observer, and Annual Report.
- Coordinate Landmarks’ web presence and social media to advance the organization.
- Work with staff to comprehensively integrate the website into every aspect of the organization and to develop social media strategies that support advocacy, fundraising, educational programs and community outreach.
- Identify and build relationships with potential content providers, including photographers, writers, artisans and tradespeople.
- Serve as liaison to building tenants. Communicate with tenants and responds to tenant requests. Maintain tenant files, including leases, insurance certificates, and records of rent payments and lease renewal dates
- Serve as staff liaison for building maintenance and repairs, including working with vendors and contractors, and coordinating work with tenants.
- Manage internal office systems, including calendars, filing, record retention and bookkeeper support
- Account and contractor management, including serving as liaison
- to technology contractors
- Support work of Board of Trustees by maintaining master calendars, lists of committee members and trustees, and assisting with communication and scheduling as needed
- Answer telephone calls, receive visitors and tour participants, and respond to general email inquiries
- Proven experience as an office coordinator, office assistant or relevant role
- Proven work experience in marketing, outreach and public engagement or similar roll
- Proficiency in MS Office, Adobe Suite, and online platforms such as Constant Contact and Squarespace
- Experience with marketing campaigns on social media
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Team player with positive attitude, excellent problem solving skills, and friendly communication style
- Strong attention to detail and ability to juggle multiple tasks at once
- Ability to communicate effectively and respectfully with a diverse group of individuals
- Passion for working in the nonprofit sector
- Interest in the mission and desire to contribute to the collective success of Greater Portland Landmarks
- A fabulous sense of humor
This is a full-time, exempt position, with a salary range of $37,000-$42,000. Salary offer will be dependent on experience. We strongly believe in a work-life balance and are committed to keeping the workload in alignment with the actual hours worked.
Hiring Process and Timeline
- 12 paid holidays
- Non-ERISA 403B Plan
- Office closed between Christmas and New Years
- 10 vacation days; 6 sick days; 2 personal days
- On-site parking
- Abundance of baked goods
- We will be reviewing applications on a rolling basis until the position is filled
- We will begin scheduling phone interviews in mid-to-late August
- We will begin in-person interviews as early as late August. If you are invited for an in-person interview we will ask for two work samples relevant to this position, e.g. a writing sample, graphic piece or other relevant materials
- We would like to have the selected candidate start in early-mid September
Equal Opportunity Employer
Landmarks is a committed Equal Opportunity Employer and recognizes that it is both unlawful and ethically wrong to discriminate in employment, or to harass an employee, because of race, color, religion, sexual orientation, sex, age, national origin, or physical or mental disability.
Keywords: maine, landmarks, greater portland, portland, marketing, communication, promotion, office, manager
Posted: August 8, 2019
Unless noted, the thoughts and opinions expressed in the article are solely that of the
author and not necessarily the opinion of the editors of PreservationDirectory.com.