|Employment Opportunities, Jobs & Internships in Preservation & Cultural Resources
Employment Opportunities, Jobs & Internships in Preservation & Cultural Resources
About the Organization:
Preservation Delaware, Inc. (PDI) is the private, non-profit, 501(c)(3) statewide organization working to protect historic resources throughout Delaware through education, outreach and advocacy.
PDI recently completed a Strategic Plan. To achieve the objectives outlined therein, professionalize the operations of the organization, and increase financial capacity to meet the organization’s growing responsibilities, PDI is seeking to hire a part time, contract Executive Director.
Executive Director, Job Description:
The Executive Director is a part-time (20-22 hours/week) position that reports to the Board of Directors. As PDI’s chief executive officer, the Executive Director will provide oversight to ensure PDI is meeting the goals of the Strategic Plan in accordance with the organization’s mission and following industry best practices. The Executive Director will support and provide direction to working committees of the Board in the following programs:
* Fundraising and Membership Development *
The Executive Director will work closely with members of the Development Committee to identify, develop, and sustain sources of philanthropic support, including membership development, individual support, major gifts, foundation support, and business donations to meet the needs of the organization. Support Board Committees to initiate, develop and implement fundraising strategies and coordinate fundraising events and enhance membership databases. Regularly report to the Board on development and fundraising activities.
* Communications *
Develop programs to build awareness of PDI’s mission and achievements. Craft an annual communications plan for the organization designed to improve the quality of the message and frequency of communications provided to the community regarding PDI’s mission and activities. Oversee work to produce and circulate promotional and informational materials to our members, stakeholders, project partners, local officials, and the general public through written and digital media.
* Community Outreach and Education *
Working with Board, volunteers and others, oversee and coordinate outreach to officials, the media, members, and the public at large. Oversee educational programs and events.
* Financial Management/Administration *
Work with the Board Treasurer, Board President and others to prepare the annual budget for Board approval. Monitor activities to meet the budget. Coordinate financial audits and work with PDI’s accountant on necessary tax filings. Maintain records of all financial activities. Maintain membership records and databases. With Board Treasurer, make regular financial reports to the Board.
* Historic Preservation Program Support *
Assist Board committees in developing educational and outreach programs, workshops, conferences, in partnership with other agencies and organizations.
* Additional as Necessary and Directed by the Board *
- assistance with the management of the Gibraltar Gardens and long-term strategy for the property.
- merging Delaware Preservation Fund back into PDI as a program of PDI
- monitor the work of other organizations similar to PDI and report to the Board on innovations and ideas
- join/monitor related professional societies and organizations promoting historic preservation and fund raising (Brandywine Chapter, Association of Fundraising Professionals)
The following are preferred qualifications for the position:
- A 4-year degree from an accredited institution in a relevant field
- Demonstrated leadership skillsExperience working with a non-profit board of directors
- Experience with fundraising, membership development and grant writing
- A passion for the historic preservation and knowledge of preservation issues preferred
- Excellent writing and public speaking skills and strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience with office computer applications and digital media platforms
- Experience managing projects and budgets
- Ability to take initiative and to work independently
- Ability to work with and motivate people
- Willingness to perform a range of tasks, andKnowledge of and connections to the Delaware community preferred.
PDI intends to offer this as a contract position as an independent contractor at a level commensurate with experience and skill set in the range of $25,000/year, based on part time of 20 - 22 hours per week.
To be considered for this position, interested and qualified candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to Michael McGrath, President
Application deadline September 15, 2019
Unless noted, the thoughts and opinions expressed in the article are solely that of the
author and not necessarily the opinion of the editors of PreservationDirectory.com.