Position: Heritage Conservation Technician
Employer: Fairfax County Park Authority- Resource Management
Type: Professional Opportunity- Heritage Conservation Branch
Location: Vienna, Virginia
Heritage Conservation Technician
Fairfax County Park Authority (FCPA) is seeking a dynamic,
talented and energetic technician to work part or full time with the Heritage
Conservation Branch (HCB) staff in our daily operations, which includes
stewardship and conservation management of 114 historically significant sites
in Fairfax County Virginia’s beautiful parks.
Job Duties include but not limited to:
Applicants should be graduate students or graduates of a Historic Preservation Program or Architecture, Urban Planning equivalence and have relevant interest and experience working with the Secretary of Interior Standards for the Treatment of Historic Properties. Preferred candidates will have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Assisting Resident Curator Program Manager to update treatment and work plans on historic sites and participate in conservation inspections
- Maintaining and tracking HCB financial data spreadsheet for reconciliation
- Working with Operations Manager to insure work tasks for maintenance and conservation are entered, assigned and tracked
- Understanding and assisting with development of HCB Geographical Information System (GIS) property database
- Assisting in conservation and maintenance inspections for 114 historically significant sites
- Maintaining HCB’s Historic Buildings Grading System with assistance from Branch Manager Administrative coordinator of the Historic Site Volunteer Corp (HSVC)
- Assisting in development of HCB Standard Operating Procedures
- Developing dynamic and informative presentations
- Participation in public meetings after hours as necessary, such as Park Authority Board meetings, History Commission, Architectural Review Board, etc.
Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Keywords: Historic Preservation, Conservation, History, Restoration, Rehabilitation, Preservation, Architecture
Posted: August 30, 2019
Unless noted, the thoughts and opinions expressed in the article are solely that of the
author and not necessarily the opinion of the editors of PreservationDirectory.com.