Utilize a Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) for the scheduling, planning, and supervision of all Historic Preservation Maintenance in Xanterra’s Grand Canyon National Park Land Assignment.Plan, schedule and manage the workload and materials for the repair and cyclic maintenance of various historic structures within Grand Canyon South Rim, ensuring that all NEPA 106 regulations and historic programmatic requirements are followed.
- Perform periodic building inspections of all historic structures for the identification of Deferred Maintenance to be cured by the Historic Preservation Maintenance crew.
- Prioritize maintenance work appropriately, and develop short term and multi-year plans for the cure of all deferred maintenance. Document and manage deferred maintenance with the CMMS.
- Write weekly technical reports on work accomplished in the prior period, and work planned in the current and future periods.
- Ensure all work is performed to the Secretary of the Interior’s Standards and Guidelines.
- Actively manage performance related concerns and issues on the HPM team, and cultivate a high performance work environment.
- Assist tradesmen in their daily work activities as needed, and mentor less tenured team members in the development of their historic preservation skills.
- Conduct the necessary research to procure the tools and materials specific to the trade and fabric of the buildings.
- Assist the Maintenance Manager as needed in HPM staff selection and performance evaluations.
- Care, maintenance and security of all assigned equipment, tools, work area and work vehicles.
- Schedule construction tasks and ensure the timely arrival of materials and equipment.
- Train individual crewmembers in specific preservation techniques. Organize and outsource training as necessary.
Unless noted, the thoughts and opinions expressed in the article are solely that of the
author and not necessarily the opinion of the editors of PreservationDirectory.com.