Overview:The Buffalo History Museum is seeking a “hands-on” person to manage daily facility maintenance projects, contributing to the Operations Team. The Facilities Manager will oversee building systems contracts and maintenance including HVAC, plumbing and electrical, landscaping and janitorial. The Manager supervises maintenance workers. He/she is responsible for ensuring that the Museum is in compliance with the local, state and federal applicable codes, regulations, and standards pertaining to operations. Schedule includes weekends and special event evening shifts.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Passion for the Museum’s mission and for stories of WNY
- Leadership and communication skills.
- Customer service skills, and the ability to interact both courteously and firmly with visitors.
- Comfortable working around children and large crowds.
- Proven ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment. Must be able to work independently and exhibit initiative to solve problems, including tracking situations until appropriate resolution is achieved.
- Working knowledge of safety regulations as they apply to technical processes.
- General knowledge of basic security procedures and fire prevention techniques.
- Experience using tools and performing general repairs and maintenance.
- Willingness to do whatever is necessary to get the task accomplished.
- Must be available to be on-call after hours to respond to emergency situations.
- Must work a flexible schedule including weekends.
- Must have car and Valid NYS driver’s license.
- Must be a team player.
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position. Physical requirements include stooping, kneeling, bending, standing, squatting/crouching, crawling/kneeling, pushing/pulling, climbing (ladders) and reaching above the shoulders and lifting of up to 50lbs. lifting and transporting of moderately heavy objects, such as furniture, file cabinets, equipment, boxes, etc. will be required.
Please prepare a cover letter and resume in one PDF document. Write in subject bar: "Last name, First name – Facilities Manager." Send submissions to Robert deGuehery, at email@example.com by 5 p.m. on Tuesday, November 26, 2019. No phone calls.
Posted: November 13, 2019
Unless noted, the thoughts and opinions expressed in the article are solely that of the
author and not necessarily the opinion of the editors of PreservationDirectory.com.