Internships at the PHM are educational, hands-on experiences, designed for high school, undergraduate, and graduate students. By working directly with PHM’s staff and longtime volunteers, interns will have the opportunity to gain valuable hands-on skills and training in museum best practices, collections and archival administration, historic interpretation, and non-profit management.
More specifically, interns will have the opportunity to work on projects in the
· Archives and Collections Management
· Exhibition Design and Development
· Digital Resources (digitizing and cataloging archival material and creating
· Special Collections Library Research and Assistance
· Communications (Marketing and Public Relations)
· Development (grant research and writing, and membership material)
· Museum Education (program development and implementation)
To apply: Please send your résumé and a brief email discussing your interest in the Putnam History Museum Internship Program to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please state “Internship Program” in the subject line of your email.
Keywords: new york, hudson valley, museum, education, interpretation, collections, archive, exhibitions
Posted: December 11, 2019
Unless noted, the thoughts and opinions expressed in the article are solely that of the
author and not necessarily the opinion of the editors of PreservationDirectory.com.