Open Position: Certified Local Government Coordinator, Georgia Department of Natural Resources (Atlanta, GA)
Contributed By: Allison Asbrock
Serves as the Certified Local Government Coordinator (CLG). Directs program activites for Certified Local Government program including application review, evaluations, and policy updates. Provides technical assistance to CLGs and historic preservation commissions (HPCs) including the review of local historic preservation ordinances, local historic districts, design guidelines, and CLG evaluations. Assists with the planning of all training sessions, statewide meetings, workshops, and conferences. Oversees the Regional Planning program and supports the administration of the Georgia Heritage and Historic Preservation Fund grants
programs. Supports general historic preservation outreach intitatives including publishing monthly newsletter and contributing to social media presence. Will participate in special projects as necessary. Postion requires up
to 40% travel.
Bachelor's degree in natural resource management, environmental science, historical preservation or a closely related field from an accredited college or university
One year of experience in a directly related field.
Two years of experience required at the lower level Curator/Preservationist 2 or position equivalent.
Preference may be given to applicants with one or more of the following qualifications:
• Completion of a Master's degree in Historic Preservation or closely related field
• Experience working with Certified Local Government Program or local historic preservation commission
• Demonstrated knowledge and familiarity with local planning tools
• Experience in customer service
• Extensive experience in public speaking and relaying technical preservation information
• Experience developing community outreach initiatives and facilitating partnerships between
community, municipal, and non-profit organizations
• Experience organizing and facilitating training and conferences
• Experience working with a core SHPO program such as Tax Incentives, National Register, CLG, or Environmental Review
NOTE: Applicants must submit an electronic DNR Application for Employment (https://gadnr.org/careers), cover letter, and resume to
Allison.firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications and resumes must be submitted via e-mail only.
Unless noted, the thoughts and opinions expressed in the article are solely that of the
author and not necessarily the opinion of the editors of PreservationDirectory.com.