The Evangelical and Reformed Historical Society seeks applications for an executive director. This is a two-year grant funded position. The Executive Director reports to the Board of Directors and works with them to carry out the mission of ERHS.
The Society was founded in 1934 after the formation of the Evangelical and Reformed Church by the merger of the German Reformed Church in the U.S. (1727-1934) and the German Evangelical Synod of North America (1840 - 1934). ERHS was charterd in Pennsylvania and granted 501c3 status in 1983.
The mission of ERHS is to collect, organize, preserve and make available for research the records of the Reformed Church and Evangelical & Reformed Church. The collections are housed on the campus of Lancaster Theological Seminary and consist of denominational records, records of more than 800 local churches, and 350 manuscript collections. The book collections range from the 15th to 21st centuries.
- Candidates must have a BA or equivalent from an accredited college or university; MA or MDiv preferred
- Demonstrated experience in financial management and fundraising, including major gifts, annual givng, and planned giving
- Excellent communication skills including effective public speaking in church and secular settings, writing, and use of media
- Demonstrated skills in public relations
- Demonstrated success in securing grants
- Demonstrated skills in working collaboratively with staff and board members
- Experience in a non-profit setting
- Exhibit an exemplary moral character
This is a salaried position of $65,000 - $70,000, including benefits. Three or more years experience in nonprofit with proven fundraising record is desirable.
To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume, and three references to: Allison Mallin, Evangelical & Reformed Historical Society, 555 West James Street, Lancaster, PA 17603, firstname.lastname@example.org