Position Available: Restoration Carpenter/Preservation Specialist
Duties: Assist in the restoration of all aspects of historic structures and outbuildings, including but not limited to: rough and fine carpentry, historic window restoration, masonry, plaster repair, painting, cabinetry, log building restoration, and structural repair. The position will be responsible for executing detailed and thoughtful restoration carpentry work in an efficient and thorough manner. The ability to work independently with little supervision and ability to manage small projects is highly desired.
- Interest in historic buildings and restoration
- Carpentry experience (at least 1 year)
- Efficient and strong work ethic
- Willingness to learn
- Able to lift 50 to 100lbs
- Ability to work from ladders and scaffolding
- Ability to manage time and tasks
- Detail oriented
- Possession of basic carpentry tools and ability to work with them
- Valid driver's license and vehicle
- Familiarity with the Secretary of the Interiors Standards for Historic Preservation and lead-safe practices is beneficial
Starting Pay: $12 – $20/hr based on experience. Pay and responsibilities expected to grow with increased skills and experience.
Interested applicants should Email or mail a resume and cover letter to Michael Watkinson at firstname.lastname@example.org. If sent by email, please state Job Opportunity in the subject heading. Applicants selected for interviews will be contacted directly, no phone calls please.
Keywords: Restoration carpenter window restoration
Posted: September 11, 2020
Unless noted, the thoughts and opinions expressed in the article are solely that of the
author and not necessarily the opinion of the editors of PreservationDirectory.com.