Historic Saranac Lake seeks to hire a Transcription Technician to work on grant-funded project to transcribe approximately 13,000 index cards containing records of tuberculosis patients.
This project will begin as soon as possible, and must be completed by June 2021. Applications must be submitted by November 6, 2020.
The Technician will work approximately 24 hours a week, for a total of 570 hours. Training in paleography (reading historic manuscripts) will be provided as needed. Work must be completed in person.
This is an hourly position. Pay is $15/hour.
- Fast, accurate typing
- Ability to read early 20th Century handwriting/cursive
- Attention to detail
- Confidence with Microsoft Office Suite and Google Suite
- Sensitivity in handling historic materials
- Ability to work independently
- Interest in history a plus!
- High School diploma or G.E.D. required, some higher education preferred
Cover Letter and Resume should be submitted to Chessie Monks-Kelly, Museum Administrator, by email to email@example.com, or by mail to Historic Saranac Lake, 89 Church Street, Suite 2, Saranac Lake, NY 12983
Unless noted, the thoughts and opinions expressed in the article are solely that of the
author and not necessarily the opinion of the editors of PreservationDirectory.com.