Architectural Historian Position Available, The Public Archaeology Laboratory, Inc. (Pawtucket, RI)
Contributed By: Maureen Cavanaugh
Email The Author: email@example.com
The Public Archaeology Laboratory, Inc. (PAL) has an immediate opening for an Architectural Historian (AH) who meets the Secretary of the Interior’s Professional Qualification Standards (36 CFR 61) and has experience in the field of Cultural Resource Management (CRM). The Architectural Historian is a key position within PAL’s Historic Preservation Team (HPT), which is made up of architectural historians, historians, and preservation planners. The HPT conducts compliance projects under federal and state historic preservation laws and other types of studies such as historic property planning surveys, NRHP and NHL evaluations and nominations, historic property documentation, and historic preservation tax credit certifications.
Salary Range: $55,000-$62,000
Applicants must have a graduate degree in architectural history, history, public history, or historic preservation and the following:
· at least 3 years of experience in conducting historic architectural property identification surveys and project effects assessments in compliance with Section 106 of the NHPA and state historic preservation laws
· outstanding historical research, synthesis, and technical writing skills
· strong knowledge of American historic architectural styles and property types and American history
· digital photography skills
· ability to lead projects, supervise staff, effectively communicate, contribute as a team member, and handle multiple assignments at one time
· schedule flexibility that allows for overnight travel on work assignments of varying lengths up to two weeks at a time; it is anticipated that this position will require frequent travel.
· skills and proficiency in MS Office suite required, familiarity with working with GIS interfaces and Photoshop preferred
PAL is the largest CRM firm in the Northeast with a broad client base of federal,
state, and local agencies, engineering firms, private developers, and individual property owners. We operate in a relaxed but busy team-based work environment that fosters cooperation among our large multi-disciplinary staff of dedicated CRM professionals. Salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications and includes a highly competitive benefits package. Reply with a letter of interest, resume, writing samples for which you were the primary author, and list of references to Maureen Cavanaugh at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Keywords: Job Posting, Architectural Historian, Pawtucket, RI
Posted: December 13, 2020
Unless noted, the thoughts and opinions expressed in the article are solely that of the
author and not necessarily the opinion of the editors of PreservationDirectory.com.