History Nebraska in Lincoln, NE, is hiring a historic sites coordinator. The link to the job posting is here: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/nebraska/jobs/2982041/statewide-historic-sites-coordinator and below.
$20.61/hour. Job posting ends on 2/22/2021
History Nebraska is seeking a dynamic and creative leader to serve as the agency's Historic Sites Coordinator. As a member of the Education Resources team, this position is accountable for operations, management, building relationships throughout the state and supporting program development. The Historic Sites Coordinator will be expected to travel extensively with 50% of their time in Lincoln and the other 50% at the sites. History Nebraska is a statewide educational institution that connects people to the past through our library and research center, conservation facility, interpretive sites, and the state archeology and historic preservation offices. History Nebraska's objective is to become the most engaging and relevant state historical society in the nation.
Our four core values are:
• We do it Better Every Time. We are always looking to improve. When we fail, we know why and learn from it.
• We Have Each Other's Back. We work in groups; we support one another to ensure our projects are amazing.
• We Own It. If we say we are going to do something, we do our best to get it done.
• We Are Curious. We never stop learning and we encourage curiosity in others.
Examples of Work
• Plan, organize and coordinate activities at the historic sites.
• Supervise and direct work activities of designated staff.
• Serve as liaison with historic site communities and build new relationships statewide.
• Develop annual and supplemental site budgets for inclusion in the agency annual budget.
• Participate as a member of process teams in planning and implementation of public programming.
• Train staff in the principles, practices, policies and procedures of historic preservation and site management.
• Ability to travel statewide up to 50% of time including overnight and daytrips.
Qualifications / Requirements
REQUIREMENTS: Bachelor's degree in business administration, accounting, finance or related field and three years business related experience of which one year has been in a responsible supervisory capacity. Related work experience may substitute for the bachelor's degree requirement on a year-for-year basis.
PREFERRED: A bachelor's degree in history, anthropology, or museum studies with experience in museum work.
OTHER: Valid driver's license or able to provide independent authorized transportation.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Ability to carry out effective collaborative-style supervision
• Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
• Highly effective communication
• Possesses creativity and critical thinking skills
• Passionate about history
Keywords: job, hiring, historic sites coordinator
Posted: February 10, 2021
Unless noted, the thoughts and opinions expressed in the article are solely that of the
author and not necessarily the opinion of the editors of PreservationDirectory.com.