Historic Preservation Specialist (Survey Coordinator) Position Available (Oklahoma City, OK)
Contributed By: Lynda Ozan
The Oklahoma Historical Society, State Historic Preservation Office (SHPO), is seeking candidates for a Historic Preservation Specialist position. This is an entry level position, and the person will work under the supervision of the SHPO's National Register Coordinator. As further detailed in the recruitment notice below, primary duties relate to the SHPO's comprehensive architectural/historic survey program, a fundamental responsibility of the SHPO under the National Historic Preservation Act.
Pay Band/Hiring Range: $2,318.91 - $4,251.41 monthly
Education and Experience Requirements: Education and Experience requirements at this level consist of a bachelor’s degree in archeology, anthropology, architectural history, art history, historic preservation, history, architecture or closely related fields which includes nine semester hours in American history and one year of experience in research and professional writing in a related field associated with one of the degree areas.
- Develops research designs for architectural/historic survey projects and implements the designs through archival and field research.
- Prepares complex reports detailing architectural/historic survey project results.
- Prepares National Register of Historic Places Nominations in accordance with the Secretary of the Interior's Standards and Guidelines for Evaluation and Registration and the division's established policies.
- Reviews complex reports and other documents prepared by professional consultants and others.
- Develops scopes of work for the procurement of professional services.
- Monitors contracts with professional consultants and advises supervisor about project progress and compliance.
- Provides maintenance and completes error correction tasks for the division’s electronic database of architectural/historic resources.
- Presents programs about Oklahoma's architectural/historic resources and about the division's architectural/historic survey program.
- Prepares articles for publication about the division's architectural/historic survey program and about architectural/historic properties recorded in the Oklahoma Landmarks Inventory.
To apply please visit https://www.jobapscloud.com/OK/sup/bulpreview.asp?R1=210319&R2=U14A&R3=01
Closing date: April 30, 2021
Keywords: survey coordinator, survey, architectural history, job, Oklahoma
Posted: March 22, 2021
Unless noted, the thoughts and opinions expressed in the article are solely that of the
author and not necessarily the opinion of the editors of PreservationDirectory.com.