Staff Architect or Equivalent, Preservation Design Partnership, LLC (Philadelphia, PA)
Contributed By: Holly Boyer
Preservation Design Partnership, a nationally recognized award winning preservation architecture, planning and design firm, has openings for design professionals in preservation architecture and planning with varying levels of experience.
Since its inception in 1995, the firm has selected its projects and clients carefully,
providing excellence in preservation planning, design and architecture. PDP is
recognized nationally for expertise in the preparation of design guidelines for
historic districts, sustainable design for historic and cultural resources, and
flood mitigation in the context of climate change.
PDP’s body of work also includes award winning projects involving major iconic historic landmarks. The hallmarks of the firm are the direct involvement of its partners in all projects, commitment to design and preservation excellence, attention to detail, and collaboration with the country's foremost experts in specialized areas of architecture, planning and design. Throughout its history, PDP has created sensible, sensitive and sustainable solutions with a long-term value, through the careful restoration and reuse of architectural, cultural and historic resources. Currently, the firm has active projects in 9 states.
DESCRIPTION: Staff Architect or Equivalent / 3 – 5 years of experience
Requirements / Qualifications
Typical Projects Assignments / Responsibilities
- Interest in historic architecture and preservation
- Fluency in Revit, AutoCAD and Microsoft Office / Adobe suites
- Prior engagement and experience in producing construction documents
- Graduate or professional degree in architecture from an accredited program
- Professional registration in architecture or in process of obtaining license
- Clear and effective graphic and written communications skills
How to Apply
- Works on several assignments ranging from master plans and feasibility studies to the preparation of design and construction documents for the sustainable restoration and reuse of historic buildings and sites
- Collaborates with several in-house and outside team members at all levels
Please submit your resume, and your portfolio of previous projects. Writing samples are encouraged. Email submission to firstname.lastname@example.org with the position title as the subject.
- Health insurance
- Paid time off and holidays
- World-class projects which can be found throughout the United States, addressing the needs of cultural institutions, federal and state governments, academic institutions, historic districts, and preservation organizations.
- Collaborative environment under leadership that has been recognized with over 40 national, regional, state and local awards for design and preservation excellence.
Salary commensurate with degree and experience.
Keywords: Architecture, Historic Preservation, Planning, Philadelphia
Posted: July 23, 2021
Unless noted, the thoughts and opinions expressed in the article are solely that of the
author and not necessarily the opinion of the editors of PreservationDirectory.com.