Project Manager – Senior Architect / Designer, Preservation Design Partnership, LLC (Philadelphia, PA)
Contributed By: Holly Boyer
Preservation Design Partnership, a nationally recognized award winning preservation architecture, planning and design firm, has openings for design professionals in preservation architecture and planning with varying levels of experience.
Since its inception in 1995, the firm has selected its projects and clients carefully, providing excellence in preservation planning, design and architecture. PDP is recognized nationally for expertise in the preparation of design guidelines for historic districts, sustainable design for historic and cultural resources, and flood mitigation in the context of climate change.
PDP’s body of work also includes award winning projects involving major iconic historic landmarks. The hallmarks of the firm are the direct involvement of its partners in all projects, commitment to design and preservation excellence, attention to detail, and collaboration with the country's foremost experts in specialized areas of architecture, planning and design. Throughout its history, PDP has created sensible, sensitive and sustainable solutions with a long-term value, through the careful restoration and reuse of architectural, cultural and historic resources. Currently, the firm has active projects in 9 states.
DESCRIPTION: Project Manager – Senior Architect / Designer / 10+ years of experience
Requirements / Qualifications
• Over 10 years of professional experience
• Interest in historic architecture and preservation and / or substantial experience with cultural sites and buildings
• Fluency in Microsoft Office suite, Adobe suite
• Highly desirable: working experience with AutoCAD and Revit
• Graduate or professional degree in architecture from an accredited program
• Licensure preferred [but achievable in the near future]
• Clear and effective graphic and written communications
• Experience in performing field assessment
• Overall ability to organize, manage and produce construction documents
Typical Projects Assignments / Responsibilities
• Coordinates all project efforts from the early planning stages to the completion of the project
• Manages the production of the work
• Mentors and guides less experienced staff
• Works closely with the principals of the firm
• Maintains client contact in all phases of the work
• Prepares a wide range of studies and reports
How to Apply
Please submit your resume, and your portfolio of previous projects. Writing samples are encouraged. Email submission to firstname.lastname@example.org with the position title as the subject.
• Health insurance
• Paid time off and holidays
• World-class projects which can be found throughout the United States, addressing the needs of cultural institutions, federal and state governments, academic institutions, historic districts, and preservation organizations.
• Collaborative environment under leadership that has been recognized with over 40 national, regional, state and local awards for design and preservation excellence.
Unless noted, the thoughts and opinions expressed in the article are solely that of the
author and not necessarily the opinion of the editors of PreservationDirectory.com.