Job Announcement: Cultural Resources Support Specialist, National Park Service - State, Tribal, Local, Plans & Grants Division
Contributed By: Seth Tinkham
This position supports the State, Tribal, and Local Plans and Grants Division of the Cultural Resources Directorate of NPS and may be performed remotely. This is a part-time (20 hours per week) position. $57/hour. Must be 55+. Not a federal position. Apply through National Older Worker Career Center directly.
Professional support in creating a programmatic agreement for the Historic Preservation Fund Rural Subgrant program to include coordination of federal, state, tribal, and local stakeholders. Additional programmatic agreements may be undertaken as needed. Enrollee will support the NPS staff in carrying out NPS' responsibilities for Section 106 of the National Historic Preservation Act.
- Research and coordinate stakeholder needs to be included in programmatic agreement. 20%
- Provide professional draft of a programmatic agreement for review, updating and final submission. 40%
- Prepare reports and other documents in support of cultural and environmental compliance. 20%
- Document and provide supporting documentation for the programmatic agreement process. 20%
Minimum of 7 year(s) of experience in historic preservation OR BA/BS Degree in Historic Preservation, History, Planning, Architecture or related field.
- Section 106 Review and Compliance
- Experience required with Windows, MS Word, Power Point
- Virtual communication tools such as MS Teams and Zoom
- Physical requirements: Position is primarily sedentary and performed in an office environment
Keywords: historic preservation, cultural resources, compliance, Section 106, Historic Preservation Fund
Posted: August 13, 2021
Unless noted, the thoughts and opinions expressed in the article are solely that of the
author and not necessarily the opinion of the editors of PreservationDirectory.com.