Job Opportunity: Director of Preservation and Research, Historic District Council (New York, NY)
Contributed By: Historic Districts Council
Email The Author: email@example.com
This position will represent HDC’s views concerning applications affecting historic buildings at public hearings of city agencies, will provide support for research projects and help HDC with its educational programing.
Associated activities include:
- Review all publicly proposed application affecting historic properties, including both individual projects and proposed land-use plans and policies, and writing testimony based on the staff and board review of proposals
- Communicating and consulting with constituent groups and stakeholders about projects in their neighborhood or area of concern
- Attend public hearings of city agencies and delivering written testimony on behalf of HDC
- Monitor and report upon public meetings and hearings of the Landmarks Preservation Commission
- Work to support internal and external research projects and surveys of historic neighborhoods and buildings
- And more!
Unless noted, the thoughts and opinions expressed in the article are solely that of the
author and not necessarily the opinion of the editors of PreservationDirectory.com.