Job Opportunity: Director of Advocacy & Community Outreach, Historic Districts Council (New York, NY)
Contributed By: Historic Districts Council
Email The Author: firstname.lastname@example.org
This position will work to maintain and further develop HDC’s neighborhood-based historic preservation advocacy programs and to represent HDC to both the general public and our neighborhood constituency through frequent communications.
Associated activities include:
- Work with community groups and other stakeholders to connect with decision-makers in order to achieve their objectives
- Provide strategic support for community-oriented preservation campaigns such as landmark designation, historic resource surveys, rezonings and legislation (position will work in collaboration with technical staff of specific proposals
- Represent HDC and its mission to the pubic, press, and before government agencies in person and through writing.
- Oversee HDC's Six to Celebrate program by maintaining contact with community groups across the five boroughs and assisting as needed
- Strategize with HDC staff and board to help community groups achieve their states goals
- Attend meetings and manage correspondence with each Six to Celebrate group
- Coordinate, promote and attend a variety of events and programs related to the Six to Celebrate, including walking tours, lectures and community meetings.
- Research, compose and edit self-guided walking tour brochures of each of the neighborhoods and coordinate layout, graphic design and printing with outside consultants.
- And more!
Unless noted, the thoughts and opinions expressed in the article are solely that of the
author and not necessarily the opinion of the editors of PreservationDirectory.com.