|Employment Opportunities, Jobs & Internships in Preservation & Cultural Resources
Employment Opportunities, Jobs & Internships in Preservation & Cultural Resources
The Putnam History Museum, located in Cold Spring, NY, is seeking a versatile part-time Director of Finance and Administration. This leadership role is responsible for managing all financial functions within the organization. Working closely with the ED, the Director of Finance and Administration also manages aspects of grant,
development, and office functions.
- Using Quickbooks and ADP, perform weekly bookkeeping tasks (process donations, payables/receivables, payroll, and balance cash box & museum store Square).
- Manage organizational cash flow and forecasting.
- Prepare and review financial reports with ED and Treasurer for board meetings and annual report.
- Prepare financial reporting materials for donor segments (tracking Membership and data input through Little Green Light Donor Management Software).
- Oversee all financial, project/program and grants accounting.
- With the ED and Treasurer, lead annual budgeting and planning process.
- Process forms for W-2s and 1099s.
- Process and pay Workers Compensation, Insurance, and Annual Sales Tax.
- Perform new employee onboarding (and scheduling of seasonal employees).
- With the ED, oversee administrative functions, facility maintenance, and routine office administration responsibilities.
- The person in this role also works closely with the ED and Treasurer on fundraising and development initiatives.
- Minimum of a BA (or equivalent experience).
- Recommended 5 years of overall professional experience.
- Ability to translate financial concepts to – and to effectively collaborate with-- programmatic and fundraising colleagues who do not necessarily have finance backgrounds.
- Technology savvy with experience of accounting and reporting software.
- Willingness to learn Little Green Light Donor Management software.
- Ability to work some nights and weekends.
- This is a part-time position for 24 hours per week.
- Flexible scheduling, with two weeks paid vacation.
- Some remote work permitted.
- Salary range $25,000 - $30,000, annually. Commensurate with experience.
Founded in 1906, the mission of the Putnam History Museum is to collect,
preserve, interpret, and present the history of Putnam County, Philipstown, the
West Point Foundry, and the Hudson Highlands. Through exhibitions, programs,
and events, the museum uses its collections to engage the community with the
vibrant history of our region, and to foster greater understanding of the role
it has played in the growth of our nation.
Please email your resume and a few sentences or a cover letter stating why you are a good fit for this position to PHM Executive Director Cassie Ward, firstname.lastname@example.org. In the email subject line, please include your name and "Director of Finance and Administration Application."
Unless noted, the thoughts and opinions expressed in the article are solely that of the
author and not necessarily the opinion of the editors of PreservationDirectory.com.