Salary: $1,300.00-$1,325.51 semi-monthly
Job Location: This position is with the Missouri Department of Natural Resources, Division of State Parks, State Historic Preservation Office, and is located at 1659 E. Elm Street, Jefferson City, MO 65101.
Why you’ll love this position: This position gives you the opportunity to work with a dedicated team of preservation professionals at the State Historic Preservation Office (SHPO), doing a variety of different tasks, while helping to build a great customer services relationship with our partners, consultants, stakeholders and the public within the state of Missouri.
What you’ll do:
- Support the Certified Local Government (CLG)/Outreach Coordinator, and the Preservation Planner/Grants Specialist by tracking and monitoring grant and CLG applications, amendments, and awards.
- Coordinate reimbursement of funds to constituents and communities utilizing Salesforce, SAMII, and Sharepoint for data management and approval.
- Assist the CLG coordinator with outreach duties such as planning the annual CLG Forum (conference), scheduling CLG evaluations throughout the state, and promoting preservation events.
- Utilize the DNR Report Portal to track daily expenditures - budget to actuals - monitor the spending of the SHPO HPF grants.
- Prepare and submit documentation through Route for Approval in SharePoint to the Department’s legal staff or State Parks management staff for review and comment.
- Co-support, with other administrative assistants, the National Register/Survey (NRS) Section with Missouri Advisory Council on Historic Preservation (MOACHP) meeting preparations; preparing correspondence prior to, and after meetings, recording and transcribing meeting minutes, etc.
- Utilize knowledge of office practices, procedures, desktop computer, and various software and databases in a timely and accurate manner, and assist with Sunshine requests, policy and procedure coordination.
- Sort, file, and scan documents and prepare periodic database reports including editing, proofing, and typing of generalized and technical letters and reports.
- File and retain documents and records as required by Department and Division retention policies using the State of Missouri Archives Record Tracking (SMART) system, and have the ability to lift boxes of files and equipment up to approximately 40 pounds.
All you need for success:
- 1-3 years of experience in administrative office work (substitutions may be allowed).
- Basic knowledge of accounting principles
- Basic competency with Microsoft Office Suite (especially Word, Outlook, Access and Excel)
- Responsible for keeping confidential information