|Employment Opportunities, Jobs & Internships in Preservation & Cultural Resources
Employment Opportunities, Jobs & Internships in Preservation & Cultural Resources
Hiring: Historian or Architectural Historian, NTM Engineering, Inc. (Wayne, PA)
Contributed By: Elizabeth Cordeiro
NTM is seeking an Historian or Architectural Historian to work as a member
of our cultural resources team on research, fieldwork, and reports for history/architectural historyprojects. This position provides a basis from
which to grow a career at NTM in accordance with the candidate’s strengths and
career interests, including historic preservation planning studies, NEPA and
NHPA documentation, and agency coordination.
This is a full-time position, with a comprehensive benefits package. NTM
is offering a hybrid work environment with two days telecommuting and three
days in the office to help provide a quality work/life balance.
- Conduct primary and secondary source research at local, state, and regional libraries and archives, county records offices, and using on-line sources.
- Undertake historic resource surveys, including field survey, research, and photography.
- Evaluate resources’ eligibility for the National Register of Historic Places (NRHP) and analyze project impacts/effects.
- Prepare historic resource survey forms (including statements of significance and architectural descriptions), Section 106 regulatory documents, and historic contexts.
- Respond to review comments on reports and deliverables by clients and review agencies.
- Assist archaeology team as needed with research, reports etc.
The successful candidate will:
- Have a Masters Degree in History, Architectural History, Historic Preservation, or related field with 1-3+ years of relevant experience OR Bachelor’s degree in a related field and 3+ years applicable experience.
- Be familiar with Section 106 of the National Historic Preservation Act, as well as with NRHP eligibility criteria and American architectural history.
- Demonstrate writing and communication skills.
- Be able to work on multiple projects.
- Be organized, detail oriented, and responsive; able to effectively communicate with staff, supervisors, teaming partners, and clients; and have excellent time management skills.
- Be proficient in MS Office Suite.
- GIS experience is a plus.
Range: $45,000 - $52,000 - commensurate
with education and experience
will be given to candidates that demonstrate experience working in the
position requires fieldwork and may require occasional overnight travel.
ONLY APPLICANTS WHO SUBMIT COMPLETE EMPLOYMENT AND SALARY HISTORY,
WITH SALARY REQUIREMENTS WILL BE CONSIDERED.
an equal employment opportunity and equal professional advancement employer.
Employment decisions at NTM are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities.
It is our policy that NTM does not discriminate in employment opportunities
based on race, religion, color, sex, age, marital status, national origin or
ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, sexual
preference/orientation or veteran status regarding any position or employment for
which the applicant or employee is qualified.
Unless noted, the thoughts and opinions expressed in the article are solely that of the
author and not necessarily the opinion of the editors of PreservationDirectory.com.